Chapter 17: Liam

Well fuck.

Eloquent, right? But that's all that I could think, from the moment Celeste had opened her door looking and smelling like a mess, to this moment right here with her in my car on our way back from the restaurant. Together we'd devoured every bit of food we'd ordered, and I'd been hard the whole goddamn time. All I could imagine was pulling her under the table and having her swallow my cock while she made those delicious sounds around me until shot my come down her throat.

I'd come over just to check on her, but when I'd realized she'd been suffering from a hangover, I knew exactly what she'd needed. I kept telling myself it wasn't my dick, but that particular appendage was decidedly not in agreement.

I pulled into Celeste's driveway and cleared my head so I could make sure she got into her house safely. I came around to her door to hold it for her as she stepped out and walked alongside her as we made our way up to her door. I took a step in the grass, and it squished underneath my shoe.

Squished? That couldn't be right. It hadn't rained in days, and today itself had been clear. I looked around for signs of sprinklers, and noticed the sidewalk at the end of her grass was also wet. Something about this didn't feel right, and I hurried to catch up with Celeste who'd kept walking without me.

"Uh, Celeste?" She turned to me with a question in her eyes as she unlocked the door and opened it. Before I could say anything else, a flood of water ran out the open door and splashed over her toes, making her jump and shriek. Not caring about my own clothes, I quickly moved past her into her home, noting the damage as I tried to find the source of the water leak.

"Oh shit!" Celeste's words were filled with horror as she followed me in. I agreed. The damage was already bad, in just the couple hours we'd been gone. I noticed water on the stairs leading up, so I ran up them, trying not to cringe at the squelching of water under me.

I ran into her bathroom and my eyes widened at the scene before me. Her tub was overflowing, the water bubbling from the drain up and over the rim. I could tell this wasn't the source of the problem, merely an outcome. Rushing back down the stairs, I heard some banging coming from the basement.

I went down the flooded stairs, wading through the water and over to where Celeste was trying to reach the spigot to shut her water off. Reaching over her head, I turned it as tightly to the right as possible. We stood there listening as the sound of water speeding through broken pipes calmed, and Celeste turned to me with unshed tears in her eyes.

"Well, at least my house didn't catch on fire," she said in a wobbly voice. A choked laugh flew out of me at the terrible joke, and I gathered her in my arms as she burst into tears.

She cried into my shirt, arms wrapped tight around my waist as I held her, doing my best to comfort her. This was a huge problem, not just for anyone but for Celeste. I'd snooped through the bills I'd accidentally found in a kitchen drawer while she'd been in the shower, and that had made me realize she was worse off than I'd ever thought. If she couldn't afford even a new coffee pot, how the fuck was she going to afford to get this fixed?

I could feel Celeste start to calm down, and I let her pull away slightly as she sniffled and wiped her face.

"This is all my fault," she said finally.

"What? How could this be your fault?"

"I'd known something was wrong, but I was too afraid to figure out what it was because of how much it would cost. And now I've made it worse."

"Celeste, listen to me. This was an accident. It's not your fault. I'll call some people and get them over here to start clearing out the water and assess the damage."