Chapter 11: Liam

I tipped back my glass, draining the last of the alcohol in it. It burned my throat on the way down, and I relished the sting. I'd lost count of which glass that was, but I was trying to drown out just how much I'd fucked up tonight.

After Celeste had run away from me, it'd really hit just what had happened. Her addictive scent lingered in the air and on my hand, and even though I I'd already started to feel like shit for pushing her too much, I hadn't been able to resist licking her juices off my fingers.

Her taste and sounds lingered even now hours later, the alcohol doing nothing to burn away the memories. My head fell back against my chair, a loud groan leaving my body. I was still hard as a rock, and I knew there was nothing that would get rid of it if I didn't jerk it out. Something in me protested at that, not wanting it to just me me, my hand, and the memories.

It was ridiculous how consumed I was with Celeste. I knew that, but that did nothing to stop it.

She seemed to enjoy herself, the whiskey-drunk voice in my head whispered.

"Yeah, until she ran from me in horror," I muttered out loud. I couldn't stop my mind from going over every detail of the night, how soft and warm and wet she felt, how she made me lose my mind. I could've sworn she was feeling the same things as me, but I just didn't know now.

The only thing I did know was that I was never going to be able to sleep with my dick harder than steel. I pulled out my phone, fumbling with it as I made what was, probably, another bad decision.

If I couldn't have the step-sister I wanted so badly, I would focus on the next best thing in my life. Hitting the dial button, I struggled to my feet, heading up to my room. It was still ringing by the time I fell onto my bed, and I wondered if Cassie was even up to answer my call. I was about to hang up when a sleep-roughened voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Uh, hi Cassie. Did I wake you up?"

There was a pause, long enough to make me think that she'd fallen back asleep. Then I heard sheets rustling, and Cassie spoke again.

"Yeah, but that's alright. Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure to be honest." A weird laugh left me, and I realized my words were pretty slurred. What sounded like a normal sentence to me was more like "I'm nit shure, tube honesht" in reality.

"Are you drunk dialing me?" Her voice held a small bit of amusement.

"Mayyyyybe. I like yer voice. Makes me feel all warm and shtuff." Her small laugh sounded through the phone, and an answering grin filled my face. Damn, I was more drunk than I'd thought.

"Oh it does? Well I like your voice too, so that works out."

"It does, doesn't it? It. It. That 't' sound is weird, don't you think? It's so loud." I was rambling, but she was laughing so I wasn't going to worry about it.

"You're funny when you're drunk."

"Sometimes. Now I am, before I wasn't so much."

"Hmm? What were you before you called me?"

"Fustraton. Firstrated. Goddammit," I mumbled into the phone. I couldn't get my mouth to work the way I wanted.

"Frustrated?" Cassie helpfully supplied the word I was looking for, and I snapped in the air, making my body bounce slightly on my bed.

"That's the one! Thank god one of us is sober."

"No kidding. So Alex, why were you frustrated?"

"Uh, well, I've been a little obsessed with someone I shouldn't be. And I might have fucked up pretty bad earlier tonight. Hence, the drinkingggg." I drew out the last word dramatically, then waited to hear her response.

"Do you want to tell me what you did?" There was a note in her voice that I couldn't define, and I wasn't sure if that was because of the alcohol or not. I debated about whether I should tell her, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to give general details.

"There's this girl that I knew a long time ago, and now she works in my office. It's possible that I'm a tad obsessed with her, but I fucked things up. Not that I should want her anyway." I let out a huge sigh, then continued. "Every single thing about her is fucking tempting, but I'm trying to control myself around her."

"And your self control lost tonight." Cassie's sentence was a statement, not a question. She apparently knew where I was going with the story.

"My self control was obliterated. I've never seen anyone as beautiful as her. And the way she smelled, and tasted... Fuck Cassie, I can still taste her on my tongue even after the five or so glasses of whiskey I downed after she ran away from me."

I heard her sharp intake of breath at my words, and wondered which part surprised her. Another thought came to mind suddenly, and I voiced it with an apology in my voice.

"Sorry, it's probably rude of me to talk about her while I'm talking to you."

"It's alright Alex. I don't mind. You just talk about her like she's special to you."

"She is. I doubt she feels the same way after tonight though."

She grumbled something I couldn't catch, and I was about to ask her what she was saying before a yawn interrupted me.

"You should probably sleep this all off. And I doubt it's as bad as you think. Just see how she reacts next time you see her, and go with it."

"You're probably right. That's pretty much all I'd be able to do right now anyway."

"Exactly. It's time to hang up now. Good night, Alex."

"Good night Cassandra." I hung up and let the phone fall onto the bed next to me. I thought I'd be able to pass out fairly quickly, but I lay awake staring at the ceiling for a while thinking about Celeste. Thinking about Cassandra. My alcohol soaked brain was trying to tell me something, but I just couldn't figure it out.

When I finally started to drift off to sleep, the only thing I could see was Celeste's face right before she took off from the gala. And even though I hated the way she left, I had absolutely no regrets. That was my last thought before I passed out into a restless sleep.