Prolouge

3rd PERSON POV

1995, Los Angeles

Adira, Alex, and Reggie were laughing and talking while waiting on Bobby and Luke. "Where do you think they are?" Adira asked as her laughter settled down. Reggie shrugged. "I don't know, but it's a little concerning. Luke is always the first person to be here" Alex said as the smile slightly dropped.

A few moments later, Bobby and Luke come in with an angry face. "What's wrong?" Adira's smile completely dropping. "Band meeting, and this is serious" Luke said as he dropped his book on the couch. Bobby not saying a word as his arms crossed over his chest.

"What is it?" Reggie asked nervously. "Somebody stole a song out of my songbook" the three looked around, they know they didn't do it, so who did?

" Adira, tell the truth" Bobby called her out. Adira was taken back, did they really think she did this? "What do you mean? I've helped write those songs. Why would I steal one of them?" Adira tried to defend herself. She knows she didn't do it, the band was all she had.

Adira was an only child with one living parent, who did say much. Her dad was always working but he never loved her being in the band. These guys were her friends, her family. She's not so sure anymore.

" Guys, come on. You know she didn't do this" Alex was the only one who stuck up for her. Reggie was actually scared to get involved. "Alex, she was the only one who knew where my book was. She was the only one besides me who wrote in it" Luke pointed out. He didn't want to accuse Adira, she was his best friend. But, Bobby made a point how it only could've been her.

"Really? Me? What about Bobby? He's always snooping around, being sneaky!" She was now yelling, if there was one thing Adira never liked being called, it was a liar. She was the most honest person she knew. She'd like to think she wasn't born without a filter. But, she didn't like to hold back the truth, if someone asked or wanted to know her opinion of something, she'd tell the truth.

" I don't even know where the book is most of the time. And stop yelling, it sounds like your trying to hide something" Bobby said with a little smirk, but Adira was the only one who caught it. "Reggie?!" Adira turned for him to back her up. She knows Alex had her back, she just needed Reggie.

"Oh... um, I don't know, Midnight. You're the only person who could've done it" Reggie said shyly. The guys liked to call her by her middle name because it fit who she was. Adira was a night owl, loving everything about the night, and coincidentally, always up at midnight.

"Wow, ok. Nice to know who my real friends are" she picked up her things that she brought with her, knowing what was about to happen. "All in favor of kick Adira out the band?" Luke asked as he raised his hand. Bobby and Reggie following. Adira scoffed as she looked at the three.

" Luke, you're taking this a little far" Alex said as he got up and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Sorry, Alex. Majority rules, that's how it goes" Luke said as he put his hand down. Adira smiled with hate running through her veins. "It's ok, Alex. Let's talk about majority rules, shall we? Where was majority rules when we voted on Bobby joining? Hmm? I don't seem to remember that" Adira noticed the small smirk on Bobby's face fall.

If she was getting kicked out, she might as well tell the truth. " It was 2 against 1. But we still let him in. We've been a band for years and nothing like this has happened. All the sudden, with him being a couple months in, a song goes missing? Tell me you don't think that's a coincidence?" Adira said as she grabbed her guitar case and gave Luke one last chance for him to see the truth.

"While you're at it Luke, trash the songs that we both wrote. Unless you want to scrap my parts of the song. Get some new lyrics" as petty as it sounded, if the guys were going to kick her out, then they couldn't use her lyrics or her sound at all.