Chapter 1

3rd PERSON POV

"Julie, come on, what are you going to do today? You know today is the last day for you to perform or you're out of the music program" Adira said to Julie as she sat on her bed. "I'll know when I'm ready. What do you think about this shirt?" Julie asked as she held it up. Adira smiled at the girl as she got up and walked over to her.

" One, you can't get out of this conversation. Two, I love it and they should go with these jeans" she held up the pair. She'd learned a lot by herself over the past month. Figuring out how to pick things up, poofing was pretty easy to figure out, the hard part was trying to make herself visible to the people who were alive.

" I'm not trying to get out of the conversation. I know I'm going to hear this from Flynn when I get to school" she nodded, but quickly remembered. "Speaking of school, how's Nick? Is he still trying to play the guitar?" At the mention of his name, Julie blushed. "Don't be like that. You know Nick is sweet" Adira rolled her eyes.

She'd sometimes follow Julie throughout her school days and would always catch her staring at Nick. It really made her sick, she hoped she never looked at somebody like that when she was alive. "Maybe, maybe not. He's with that demon, Carrie. And how do you know if he's sweet? You'd actually have to talk to him" Julie rolled her eyes. She just now realized how much Adira and Flynn were alike. Sometimes it was scary.

"I will when you finally decide to stop making fun of me for not talking to Nick" Adira sucked in a breath sarcastically. "Well, shit. I guess you're never talking to Nick, huh?" Julie laughed sarcastically as she pointed for her to get out. "I'm going, I'm going. Think about what I said. You've got this" Adira encouraged before she snapped her fingers and poofed to the garage.

When Julie pointed her to the garage, she never told Julie that this was the place where she and her old band used to rehearse. It had been 25 longs years since she'd heard about the boys, and honestly? She didn't care. The only one she was genuinely curious to see where they ended up was Alex. That was her bestie, the only person who stuck up for her that day.

Adira never liked to admit this, but, she wondered if they came to her funeral, if she even had a funeral. But she thought it was too good to be true. She always tried to positive now. And one thing she was trying to be positive about was finding her mom, or at least Julie's mom.

It had been a few hours and Adira was waiting on Julie to get home. She had her eyes closed as she listened to the silence, a sound she was already familiar with. What surprised her was when Julie walked into the garage, she was told that she hadn't been out here in a year.

"Julie? Is everything ok?" Julie jumped and put her hand over her heart as she slowly walked towards her and sat on the piano bench. "I got kicked out of music today. I just couldn't do it. It's so hard to play when she's not here" Julie said sadly. All Adira wanted to do in that moment was wrap her in a big hug. She was still working on touching people.

Julie turned back to the front of the piano. She walked to the front and pulled the sheet music off of the bench. " I'm so sorry, mom. That I haven't been in here" Julie looked up as she apologized. Adira sat quietly on the couch, knowing that Julie needed a moment.

Julie then walked up the stairs and looked to see a bunch of old guitars and drum sticks. She saw a CD and walked back down to play it. She sat on the couch as she started playing it. She bopped her head to the music. But Adira quickly recognized where that song was from. There was no way Julie's mom was a fan of Sunset Curve, was there? Julie stopped when she heard screams, she covered her ears as it got louder. Julie gasps as three guys appear on her floor. They all stand up slowly as they try to catch their breaths. "Woah!" Luke said first. "How did we get back here?" Alex asked. But Julie started screaming. The boys started screaming as well. Pulling themselves closer to each other. Julie continued screaming as she ran out.

Adira stood quickly as she poofed upstairs, she didn't want the guys to see her. But she also realized that they died, this was going to be an interesting reunion. But she noticed Bobby was missing.

She crouched down trying to be as quiet as possible as the guys talked amongst themselves, trying to figure out what happened. Once she was Julie back in the room and holding a cross, she tried to cover up her smile and poofed down to her.

" Are you still here?.... Whatever you are?" Julie asked as she looked over at Adira. " I know I saw something, I'm not crazy" she said to the ghost. " Well, we're all a little crazy" Luke said as they appeared behind the girls. They hadn't noticed Adira yet. "Speak for yourself" Adira mumbled, trying her hardest not to turn around. Julie turned and started screaming with the cross in her hand. "Oh my god! Please stop screaming!" Alex yelled over her. " Who are you, and what are you doing in my moms studio?" She questioned.

The boys eyes widened as they recognized the Adira. But their main focus was the girl holding the cross.

" Your mom's studio? This is our studio. Trust me, my.... The grand piano is new, and... and... and" Luke stuttered as he hoped up on the piano to get away from the girl. " My couch! That is definitely not my sixth string" Luke said happily but his mood changed when he looked around the room. " Can you just give us a second?" Luke pulled them off to the side.

"Do you know them?" Julie whispered to the girl. She knew there was a possibility that they could be ghosts, but she didn't know for sure. "Sadly" Adira mumbled but Julie didn't hear.

" Why are you in our studio?" Alex asked kinda loudly. She didn't say anything as she pushed the cross through his body. "Oh my gosh! How did you do that?" She asked in shock. " Clearly, you're not understanding... She doesn't get it" Alex said as he turned back to the guys. " Ok, we're ghosts, all right? We're just three ghosts, and we're really happy to be home. So, thank you for the flowers. They really brighten up the room" Alex tried to be as nice and calm as possible. " We're actually in a band called Sunset Curve" Luke said as he stood beside Alex. " Tell your friends" Reggie added.

Julie looked back at Adira. "Ghosts! Their ghosts!" Julie mouthed as she not so subtly pointed at them. Adira gave her a sarcastic smile as she sat on the couch. The last thing she wanted to do was be near Luke and Reggie. They betrayed her and it was not just a forgive and forget situation.

" Last night was supposed to be a really big night for us. It was gonna change our lives" Luke tried explaining. " I'm, uh... I'm pretty sure it did" Alex whispered to him. " This is freaking me out" Julie said, drawing everyone's attention back to her. " What is that? What're you doing?" Luke asked her. " Its my phone. No! Stop talking to them. They aren't real. There's no such thing as cute ghosts" Julie said to herself. "Aww, Julie? Do you you not find me cute?" Adira asked with a small pout, trying to ease the tension.

She could feel the guys eyes on her but she refused to look over at them. " Oh, you think we're cute?" Reggie asked a little proudly. "Who you callin?" Alex leaned forward. " I'm googling Sunset Swerve" she responded. "Sunset Curve!" They corrected in unison. "Woah, there is a Sunset Curve. You did die. But not last night" she shook her head. " 25 years ago?" Julie said as she looked at Adira.

Adira sucked in a breath, boy, did she have a lot of explaining to do.

AUTHORS NOTE

The first chapter, what do you think? These are mostly going to be in third person or Adira's POV. Just because the story will revolve around her and the band for most of the part. But the plot will stay the same for the most part. There'll be some changes that I'll make to fit what's best for Adira's character.

Vote and comment!!!