Chapter 4

3rd PERSON POV

Alex went to give Julie a hug but Adira shook her head no and gestured for them to follow her out of the garage. "Why don't you want me to give her a hug?" Alex asked as soon as they poofed out the garage. "Dude, that's a personal moment for her. She doesn't need for you guys to be in her personal space" Adira explained, and she knew if somebody went through her stuff, she'd be pissed.

" No, I think Luke poofed us out because he can't handle when other people cry. I should know. I cried in a room for 25 years, and I didn't get a hug from either of them!"Alex exclaimed while pointing at Luke and Reggie. "Aw, Alex. Come here" Adira said and gave Alex a hug, which he gladly accepted. It really amazed Luke and Reggie how Adira could be so cold one moment and then so cheery the next.

" All right. Bring it in" Reggie tried to move forward and give him a hug after Adira pulled away. " Don't touch me!" Alex shoved him away as Adira laughed at Alex's face. Luke quickly glanced at her smiling face. " This is why no one hugs you" Reggie reminded him.

" Ok. I think the first thing we should do once we get the courage to go in there, is ask Julie... why she lied about playing the piano" Luke suggested. "It's none of your business why she didn't tell you. You guys aren't exactly best friends" Adira snapped at him.

"Why don't we tell her how amazing she sounded? But what do I know? Just a thought" Alex suggested so he could ease the tension between them. " She's legit. I got ghost bumps" Reggie tried to show the group his arm but Alex put his arm away.

Then Flynn came walking past them with her head down. " Oh my gosh. Was she crying too?" Alex asked a little nervously. "Yes! The only thing worse than one girl crying, is two girls crying" Luke counted on his fingers. Adira sighed as she walked over and sat under the garage light.

" We definitely can't go in there" Luke decided. " But we can listen" Reggie led the way to the windows as the three listened in. Adira used one hand to mess with Alex's shoes. She was quickly regretting asking Julie to let them stay." She's coming!" The boys all stood up and tried to act as natural as they possibly could.

" Oh, hey" Julie shut the garage door. The ghosts gave her a small wave. " Let's hustle!" Julie tried to play it off with her friend. She started waving and acted like she was swatting a fly or something when Flynn turned around. "Don't worry we weren't listening!" Reggie tried to be casual while Luke continued to smile and kicked Reggie in the knee.

Adira got up and was about to follow Julie when Alex's hand grabbed onto her wrist. "Where are you going?" He asked. "I'm gonna hang out with Julie" she was trying to leave but Alex kept talking. "Stay, please? We have questions and we could use your help" Alex pleaded. The look he was giving her made her agree.

" I wonder why Julie didn't tell us that she could shred on the piano" Reggie said as they all walked through the doors. " And sing. Julie can sing" Adira reminded them. " It probably has something to do with her mom. Must've been hard" Alex walked around. " I really feel for her" . As she walked through the garage, Adira found an old jacket of hers and slipped it on."Yea, but she's got music back in her life, just like us" Luke took a seat on the piano.

" Yea, I'm not sure you can call what we have a life" Alex called from upstairs. "Oh, hey. Some of the clothes we left behind are still up here" Alex started throwing down bags. "Sweet. Oh, same clothes since '95, boys" Adira sighed as she closed her eyes, she just wanted to sleep.

When a shirt hit her face, she sat up angrily and looked to see Luke sending her a smirk. She just scoffed and tossed it on the floor.

Julie's dad walk through the door and Reggie. " Oh, that was weird. But somehow I can tell this man has a kind heart" Reggie said. " So, how've you been?" Her dad asked. " Honestly? Not that good. See we are these hot dogs, and-" Reggie got cut off by her dad.