Chapter 9

ADIRA'S POV

"Excuse me?" I turned around. Who does he think he is. "Why would you turn down Sunset Curve?" Luke asked as he walked towards me. I burst out laughing, making him confused. "You're serious?" I stopped laughing. He nodded his head. "Luke, are you serious? Why would I go back to a band that kicked me out in the first place?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't know, I thou-" I cut him off. "You thought that if Julie agreed, I'd agree. Well, you're wrong. I love Julie, I do. And I'll support her every step of the way if she joins the band. But that's it" I said. I'm not taking the risk of getting kicked out again.

"This is what this is about? You're don't wanna join because we kicked you out. That won't happen" he promised as I scoffed. "Please. Please tell me how it won't happen?" I said sarcastically. "Well, for starters, if you stole our songs again, you couldn't give it away" Luke responded with a happy smile. "Now, it's a hell no. I'm not joining the band again" I said and walked away. "Where are you going?" I turned to look at him. "Upstairs, away from you" I responded.

3rd PERSON POV

"Nice going, Luke. You really know how to convince them" Reggie said sarcastically as they made their way to the piano. "Man, shut up" Luke said as he took out the piece of paper. "I knew you were going to ask Julie to come to the band, I didn't know about Adira" Reggie said. He was trying to get Luke to talk about it.

"Well, I just figured that with Bobby gone, we need a rhythm guitarist. And, Adira can be that" Luke shrugged as he started writing. They were trying to be quiet, but Adira was hearing every word, making it hard to concentrate and write. She wanted to have the song done by the weekend so she could sing full out, just to make sure it sounded right.

Reggie and Luke were working on turning the poem into a song. " Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day. I know all your secrets, you know all my deep dish. Guess that means that somethings..." Luke was singing, but got cut off by Reggie.

" Wait, so... when she says, "deep dish", is she talking about, like, pizza, or..." Reggie asked confused. Then, Alex appeared. "Oh! Hey, man. Where you been?" Reggie asked curiously.

" Um, kind of everywhere. Yea. No, I met a new ghost friend" Alex said cheerfully. Adira hearing his voice and her interest immediately peaked at hearing about a new ghost, she hadn't seen any at all.

Luke quickly pulled her aside while Alex and Reggie talked. "Can you please think about joining the band?" Luke begged, and one thing he's never really done, is beg. Adira looked at his hand and looked back up at him, signaling for him to take his hand off. "One, don't touch me, it's not that hard. And, two, I'm not joining the band" she said with an annoyed tone and walked towards Alex.

" For real?" Reggie asked. " Yea, he answered a ton of questions" Alex explained. " Ohhhh. A he? Tell me more" Adira said intrigued. She was excited to hear about another ghost. Luke huffed and tried to start writing again after Adira rejected the offer, again.

" Yea? Like whether Julie and Adira are gonna join the band or not?" Luke asked, he knew what he was doing saying that he wanted her back in the band in front of Alex. If anybody could convince her to join the bang again, it'd be Alex.

" Um... Well, we didn't... We didn't really get to that, but I think I know why we're here. Ok? All ghosts have, like, unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over" Alex said. "But, I didn't know you wanted to join the band again" Alex said as he turned to Adira. "I don't wanna join. Luke asked and now he's pissed that I said no" she responded simply.