Chapter 7

ADIRA'S POV

After performing with Julie, we poofed right back where we were. "That was fun. I haven't done that in a long time" I said with a deep breath. It was weird but definitely fun. The crowd cheered as Julie gave them an answer on how they were able to see us. " That's wild. They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended" Luke realized.

" We should double check" Reggie hopped on the stairs and shook his butt in front of people's faces. " I don't think they can see us" he stepped down beside Luke. " I wish I couldn't see you" Alex and I muttered in unison. We smiled and gave each other a high five. We're so similar.

The principal dismissed the crowd, and we walked away too. I walked by Alex with a bright smile on my face. "It was really good to play with you again" Alex said as we stopped on the corner of the hallway, waiting for Julie. "I know, it was fun to play on stage again" Alex nudged me and I looked over to see Luke staring at me, he noticed and looked away, whispering to Reggie.

"What do you think that was about?" Alex asked. "I don't know. He wanted to talk last night but I told him later. It's not something I wanna get into right now" I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

I looked down the hallway, " looks like Carrie is upset" I gestured my head to see her arguing with Nick. I never understood why he put up with her. She was rude and fake to people for no reason.

The boys came up with the idea for Julie, making a pyramid and waiting on her. I, on the other hand, waited by the lockers. I do not trust them enough to drop me.

" Julie!" They screamed in unison. But she yelled in surprise. " You! Stop doing that! I'm serious" she demanded. "You were amazing, Julie" I said with a smile, which she returned.

" Whoa! This ones all on you. We were already here. Well, actually, we were over there, and then we came over here" Reggie pointed down the hallway and then back to where we're standing.

" Are we not gonna talk about what happened?" Luke started a whole other conversation. " Yeah, the whole school saw you. It's kinda freaking me out" Julie said with an anxious look on her face. "Ok, good, 'cause it's kind of freaking me out too. You know, you could see us, and people could see us whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie!" Alex exclaimed, while Luke rubbed his back in support.

" I don't need to know about that, Alex. But, Julie, they were loving you! Those high notes were amazing" I complimented. "Are you kidding? They were loving us. That was a great song, Adira and Luke. You guys should write together more often" I looked at her weirdly as she sent a subtle wink my way. What is she doing?

" And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? I think they were looking at me. Please tell me they were looking at me" Reggie grabbed Luke. " Bro, they were looking at you" Luke grabbed Reggie in return.

" I'm so... I'm so confused, you know? The afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something" Alex was still freaking out. " Well, the good thing is that everyone thought you guys were holograms, and I got back into the program" Julie tried to calm him down.

" Then why the sad face?" I asked. " Yea, dude, you're making this face" the boys mimicked her sad expression. Julie cleared her throat. "That... is not my face" she said. "It's your face" I muttered.

" And things just got weird between me and Flynn. She asked about you guys and I couldn't say" Julie told us her problem. "Sweet. Girls are already talking about us" Reggie cheered, Luke giving him a high five. "Stop, I'm serious" Julie was genuinely concerned about her friendship.

" Look, tell her to come over after class. Then, you can tell her, and to prove it, I can pick something up" I tried to offer my help. "I can't tell her about you guys for the same reason I can't tell my dad. She'll think I've gone off the deep end" Julie explained.

" Well, this dude definitely thinks you've gone off the deep end" we stepped out of the way as a janitor came through. "And people say we're ghosts. I didn't even see or hear him" I mumbled. " I gotta get back to class" she waved us a small goodbye.

" Later, Julie" Reggie waved back. " Oh, tell the cheerleaders I'm single" he reminded her. "And that he's dead" Alex added. " No! Don't tell them that" Reggie disagreed. "She's gone" he sighed and turned back around. "Well, I'm gonna go. I'll see you, Alex" I snapped my fingers and poofed out. I have to stop doing that.

3rd PERSON POV

"Where is she going?" Reggie asked as he looked at Alex. "I don't know. Why do you think I know?" Luke gave him a look. "You and Julie are the only people she's nice to" Luke stated the obvious. "I don't know. You and her looked pretty fiery on stage. If you know what I mean" Reggie hinted. "What are you guys talking about?" Luke asked. "Dude, she didn't push you away when you got close, she even smiled at you. It was small, but it was there" Luke shook his head at them. "You guys are crazy. Let's go" and thy poofed back into the garage.

When they got there, they definitely didn't expect to see Adira laying on the couch. "Why are you here?" Alex asked. "What do you mean? I live here" they scoffed at her obvious statement. "No, we just thought you'd be somewhere else. You literally said that you were gonna go" Luke pointed out. She sat up and looked at them. "No, I said that I was gonna see Alex later. Never that I was going somewhere" she corrected.

Alex huffed and started pacing. Luke and Reggie already knew that he was about to explode so they took a seat on the couch. Adira couldn't move in time so she sat between them. Shoulder to shoulder with Luke.

This isn't exactly how she wanted to spend her free time until Julie got home. "I think he's practicing his model strut" Reggie leaned over and whispered to them. "He's so nervous, he's almost making me nervous" Luke admitted. "You know what I don't like? The fact that you are all up on me. You need to learn the concept of personal space" Adira turned to Luke. He shot her a sarcastic smile and still didn't move.

She huffed and crossed her arms, trying to at least get a little space. Luke thought it'd be fun and stretched out his legs, so they would touch hers. At this point, she was tired of fighting with him.

" Ok, look, you guys know I don't handle change well. All right? Death? That was a change. Ok? Then we became ghosts. All right? Another change. And... and now we can be seen whenever we play with Julie. Big freaking change!" Alex rambled.

" Yea, but, it was a good change. With Julie, we can play on stage again and be the band we never got to be" Luke to calm him down. Adira's smile faltered as she remembered that she wasn't in the band. She's trying to keep reminding herself that she has to separate herself from them. "Come on. I mean, you gotta be down for that" Reggie agreed. " Yea, I mean, who wouldn't be? I just... You know, I wanna figure out why" Adira nodded in understanding. She was a little curious and confused as well.

" Forget why. I say we invite Julie into Sunset Curve" Luke stood up. "Totally. I mean, with a new lead singer, this band could be legendary" Reggie agreed. Luke also had another idea, but he was waiting to tell them both.

" Hey! I'm our lead singer" Adira sighed as they continued to bicker. " Ok! Listen, we need Julie. Without her we're literally nothing, but like, a radio to people. That girl has the voice of an angel" Reggie added into their conversation.

" You don't have to be so mean about it" Luke backed away. " And we're on the runway again" they all flopped back onto the couch, squishing Adira. " Ok, I'm sorry, all right? I just... I gotta go clear my head" Alex walked to the garage door and tried to open it but failed. " Dude, your a ghost, just poof out" Reggie offered.

" Don't tell me how to ghost!" Alex inhaled and left. "Wow, poor kid" Adira mumbled as she stood up. While Alex was gone, she certainly didn't plan on staying with the boys. "Where are you going?" Luke asked as his eyes followed her movements. "Who are you, my dad? I'm gonna go do something real quick" she snapped her fingers and poofed out.

It was ironic, considering that they were technically spying on her the night they first showed up. "You think she's gonna go see her dad?" Reggie asked as Luke stared at the spot she left. "Probably. Let's go do something. I have an idea" Luke turned back to Reggie with a smile.