Chapter 6

ADIRA'S POV

"Julie! Glad that you are so here. I want to talk to you" I said as I shoved Luke to the fridge. "About what?" She asked curiously as she shut the fridge on Luke. "Hey! Do you know how long it took me to open that?" He asked as he faced Julie. "Sorry, I don't believe in wasting power" she responded as Julie started making a sandwich. "That's what I actually wanted to talk to you about" I said, trying to get her back to focusing.

"Our power usage?" She asked confusingly. "No, we mean your voice. Your singing and your ability to play the piano, your a human recking ball!" Luke exclaimed. I raised a brow, who's we?

"Is this a pep talk?" She asked. " Julie, listen. You have the power to move people with your voice. You shouldn't wait, the time is now. You have them intrigued on how you began to play again, use it" I encouraged.

" I asked, she said I have to wait till next semester" she spread the peanut butter on the bread. " That was your first mistake. Asking, Sunset Curve booked gigs by doing. We went into ambush mode. We played in front of clubs. In back of clubs. We even played in book clubs" Julie looked over at me to see if it was true, and it was. Although, I wasn't there for some of them because I was kicked out.

" Look, Julie. All we're saying is do and ask for forgiveness later. Take a leap of faith" Luke continued. Julie poured juice into her cup. "Learn from us. Your tainted hotdog, could be right around the corner" Luke whispered. Which made Julie put her sandwich down. "Um, actually, I died by a car. So learn from them" I corrected.

" This is a Sunset Curve song Luke and I wrote, it's a song they never got to record. It's called Bright. It's perfect for your range" I laid the paper in front of her. Julie looked at me weirdly when I didn't include myself when I said that they didn't record it yet.

I helped her with the lyrics, and harmonized with her. "Julie, you are amazing, ok? Go in there tomorrow and get your spot back. You've earned it and you deserve to keep it" I gave her one last smile before snapping my fingers and laying on the couch. Finally, I could sleep.

I sighed in content as I laid there for a few moments. "What?" I asked with my eyes closed, I know it was Luke. "You've got to teach me how to do that" he mumbled before clearing his throat. "I wanted to apologize about earlier. It was a de-" I opened an eye and turned to face him. "Luke, I'm exhausted. Can we please talk about this some other time? Please?" I whispered as I felt my eyes closing. "Yea, soon though" I nodded and rolled over, finally being able to sleep.

3rd PERSON POV

Adira woke up and blocked the sun rays from beaming on her face. She sat up and looked at the time. Realizing that she was almost late, she quickly changed and poofed down to the school.

" Look who spent all her daddy's money on costumes and Katy Perry's choreographer" Flynn and Julie saw Carrie and her band performing. " Well it paid off" Julie semi-congratulated the performance. If Adira was here, she'd definitely compliment Flynn on the joke.

Right on cue, Adira and the boys poofed in. "What're you guys doing here?" Julie whispered so Flynn couldn't hear. " We wanted to watch you perform!" Adira said excitedly. "Yea! Watch you stick it to the man" Luke added. " Isn't that right boys?" Adira turned to them. " Man, I miss high school" Reggie said, causing the rest the face back to the girls performing.

Julie looked over to see Alex dancing and smiling as he mimicked Carrie's moves. Luke and Adira noticed this as Luke nudged Alex and Adira tried to ease Julie. "Don't worry about Carrie. She's got the costumes, but that's it. Carrie can't match your range and she lacks a depth and meaning in her songs. You are gonna do great" Julie smiled at her encouraging words.

The crowd cheered Carrie's name. "Thank you!" Carrie waved to them. "I really hate Carrie" Adira mumbled. " Thank you, Dirty Candy!" Principal Lessa and Mrs. Harrison walked towards the center of the gym.

" Nows your chance. Go talk to her. See you in music class" Flynn encouraged and then left. "What're you waiting for? This is your time" Reggie pointed to the principal. " Yea. I mean you look really nervous. Like yack in a bowl nervous" Alex said, which earned him a slap to the chest. "Don't listen to them. There's a piano with your name on it" Julie gave her a nod and began towards the stage.

Julie started to play a few keys and then stopped. Julie looked towards Adira. "You got this!" She gave her two thumbs up. Julie took a deep breath and started playing.

" Sometimes I think I'm falling down
I wanna cry
I'm callin' out
For one more try
To feel alive
And when I feel lost and alone
I know that I can make it home
Fight through the dark
Find the spark
Life is a risk, but I will take it
Close my eyes and jump
Together I think that we can make it
Come on, let's run"

As Julie sang she found the courage. But the boys and Adira felt a pull and then they appeared on stage.

"And rise through the night
You and I
We will fight to shine together"

Julie got up and laughed a little as she saw them. Students even cheered and got closer to the stage.

" Bright forever
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together
Bright forever"

Adira looked at Alex and then back at the crowd. Could they be seen?

" Uh, is this really happening?" Julie asked. "Just go with it" Adira said. Luke took his place next to her but she pulled away and sang on her own mic.

"In times that I doubted myself
I feel like I needed some help
Stuck in my head, with nothing left
I feel something around me now
So unclear, lifting me out
I found the ground
I'm marching on"

Alex smiled at his best friend. He was excited to play with her again, and to hear her play. Adira danced a little a she backed away to let Luke and Reggie take over.

" Life of a risk, but we will take it
Close my eyes and jump
Together I think that we can make it
Come on, let's run"

Reggie went back to his place as the whole band began to sing again.

" And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together
Bright forever
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together
Bright forever"

Julie hit the high note and backed away. Adira taking this opportunity to sing, so she pushed her guitar out of the way. What surprised her was that Luke was suddenly right next to her, sharing a mic. Staring into each other's eyes. Just like old times

" In times that I doubted myself
I felt like I needed some help
Stuck in my head, with nothing left
And when I feel lost and alone
I know that I can make it home
Fight through the dark.."

They pulled away to let Julie hit the high note. The crowd gasped but cheered as Julie walked through Adira and Luke. Julie looked at them, she could see that they had history that went wrong. She wanted to know, because the way Luke looked at Adira, was something she never seen.

" And find the spark
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together. Shine together
Bright forever
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together
Bright forever"

Julie hit the high note as the crowd cheered.

The crowd continued to cheer as Julie, Adira and the boys bowed. But then gasped as they disappeared. Julie turned around and noticed they were gone. She turned back around and smiled awkwardly. How was she going to explain this?