Chapter 17

3rd PERSON POV

It's now 11:00 and Adira came to the full realization that the boys weren't gonna show. Adira was ready and Julie was sitting in the ground going over the lyrics. "Issues?" Nick came up behind Julie.

Adira watched them with a smile, but she wasn't a fool. She sees the way Nick looks at Julie, he's starting to like Julie, and Adira's glad.

" Um, no problems. I'm just going over some lyrics. Trying to make sure I don't forget" Julie said as Nick said down. " You won't forget" Nick said as Julie looked away. " That is unless you somehow just go completely blank" Nick tried to joke. He offered his hand out to Julie so she took it.

" Don't let this crowd freak you out. What I saw last time you played was insane. You got this. I knew you had it in you" Adira laughed a little as Julie's smiling face quickly turned scared and shocked. "I knew I liked that kid" Julie looked at her. "Shut up. No you didn't" Julie mumbled.

Nick introduced Julie and the band. " You got this" Nick whispered as Julie made her way to the front of the stage. " Hey, everyone. I just wanted to say something before we get started. A few of the holograms aren't working, but I managed to save one. Wi-fi, it's crazy" Julie took a deep breath.

" This song is called Someone To You. I hope you like it" Julie took a seat on the piano and played a few keys. The plan was after Adira appeared, Julie was just gonna sing while she strummed her guitar.

"I don't wanna die or fade away
I just wanna be someone
I just wanna be someone"

Julie looked over slightly at Adira. Adira gave her a thumbs up to show she was ready.

"Dive and disappear without a trace
I just wanna be someone
Well, doesn't everyone?
And if you feel the great dividing
I wanna be the one you're guiding
'Cause I believe that you could lead the way"

As Adira kicked in with her guitar, she joined in with Julie to sing. Flynn smiled in gratitude. Glad that at least one of them showed up.

"I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone"

Julie trailed off and smiled at Adira to let her have a moment.

"And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you"

Adira walked forward as the crowd cheered, screaming at her.

"I don't even need to change the world
I'll make the moon shine just for your view
I'll make the starlight circle the room
And if you feel like night is falling
I wanna be the one you're calling
'Cause I believe that you could lead the way"

Julie walked over to Adira, holding the mic. As Adira strummed the guitar, they smiled and sang.

"I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone"

Adira turned away and backed up. Letting Julie have room to dance around the stage.

"And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you"