Chapter 15

ADIRA'S POV

"I thought you'd be with the guys" Julie said as I sat on her bed. "I was going to, but I got all my anger out, well, most of it" I said as I shrugged my shoulders. "So, is there a theme for this dance?" I asked as I stood up. "Not that I'm aware of. So I'm just looking for something" Julie said as she looked through her closet.

I looked over at the chest on the floor. "What about your mom's stuff? There's gotta be something in there" I commented. Julie looked over at the chest with hesitation in her eyes. "I don't know. I haven't looked through it at all" she mumbled. "Julie, she left this stuff for you. What's the point of keeping it if you're not going to wear any of it?" I asked.

"You're right. Just help me pick something out" she agreed and opened the chest. "Ok, I like this" I said as I clapped my hands together. I always loved helping Julie get ready. It was like a got to add a dash of me in there.

After we picked out her outfit. I was doing her hair. "So, I have some questions" Julie started. I looked at the clock in her room and realized we had to go soon. "Ok, shoot" I said. "When I told you guys about Bobby earlier, what did you mean when you said that Get Lost went missing back in '95?" She asked, and I froze a little before answering.

"Back then, Luke and I were Sunset Curve's songwriters and lead singers. We were all chilling in the garage one day when Bobby, well, Trevor and Luke came through the door. Alex, Reggie and I didn't think anything of it till we saw Luke's angry face" I looked at the time to see that we should be leaving soon.

"We've got time" Julie noticed my looking. "Well, Luke threw his book on the table and said that one of his songs was missing" I started explaining again. "And that song was Get Lost" Julie figured out. I nodded to show that she was correct.

"I guess I should've known it was Bobby. As cliche as it sounded, he was new and we had never had something like that ever happen to us before, but I should've known. He was the one who told Luke, yet he said that same day he didn't know where it was. I don't know, I guess I we were all caught up in the moment to realize he slipped up. The only one who stuck up for me that day was Alex. Although, the other day, Reggie and I talked it out. Luke thought I was the one who did it. But we worked it out. We're trying to become friends again" I said to Julie.

"What happened?" She asked next. I looked at the time. "I'll tell you on the way. Get your shoes on and I'll tell you" I said before stepping away and snapping my fingers to poof downstairs. I was really trusting Julie with this information. I'm just hoping and praying that the guys show up on time.

Even if this gig didn't mean anything to them, it meant something to Julie, and that meant it means something to me. This is her first big performance in over a year, so the guys better show up. They have to.

3rd PERSON POV

Luke was walking around and talking to lifers at Caleb's party, it was nice, being seen after you've been dead and invisible for so long. Luke turned around when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, where's pretty lady?" Miliano asked. "I've looked around for her, I figured she showed up late, or something" he added.

"Who?" Luke asked. He didn't like that guy. "Adira. Pretty lady is just my nickname for her" Miliano and explained. "My nickname for her" didn't set right with Luke. They barely knew each other and he already had a nickname for her. "Oh, Adira decided not to come. She's probably with Julie" Luke answered. Miliano nodded his head.

"Oh, do you think she'll show up? I've been trying to talk to her, you know?" Luke didn't know. As far as he was concerned, he'd had only learned about him today. "So, how long have you guys known each other?" Luke asked. He wanted to make sure this guy was good for her, even though he got this weird feeling in his ghostly stomach. Luke didn't want to see Adira's heartbroken face, he's seen it one too many times.

"We met earlier today. We kinda just bumped into each other. But, she seems cool. I like how she keeps a conversation going. Not many people do that anymore" Luke nodded with a fake smile. He didn't like him. "Ok, well, if you see her, or I see her, let each other know?" Miliano asked. Luke nodded and gave him a small wave of a goodbye.

Luke didn't like him, that was his final thought. Miliano looked like the type of guy to break a girl's heart and move on without a care in the world. Luke didn't want that for Adira. Lord knows he's seen her cry over guys who didn't deserve her, and he was always there to comfort her. Always.

"Hey, you talked to Miliano?" Reggie asked him. "Yea, what do you think of that guy?" Luke wanted to know his friends opinions of him. "He seems cool. He and Willie are a lot of like. But, Miliano seems like he's got this certain thing about, you know? Very chill. I think we could be great friends" Reggie explained in his usual cheerful tone. Luke had to physically force himself from rolling his eyes.

"But... you don't even know him?" Luke said confusingly. "Well, you know when you get a feeling about somebody? Like you just catch a vibe from them?" Reggie asked. "That's what I do when we meet somebody new. I get a feel for them. Try to learn a little bit about them" Luke nodded. He thought that his thoughts on Miliano were different from Reggie's. The only other person he thought that wouldn't like him would be Alex. He cared more for Adira than anything else in the world, surely he would be skeptic of a new guy in her life.

"Hey, did you know they made new Star Wars movies?" Reggie asked, changing the conversation. "Yea, totally" Luke said as his eyes scanned the crowd for Alex. He patted Reggie's shoulder before he had the chance to speak.

After a few minutes of searching, he found Alex. "Hey, quick question. What do you think of Miliano?" Luke asked as he rushed up to the drummer. "Oh, me? I'm doing great, Luke. Thanks for asking" Alex responded sarcastically. Luke sighed. "Come on, man. I'm serious" Luke said.

"I don't know? I haven't really talked to him. He's cute, that's for sure. But, I don't know, Adira thinks he's cool, so..." Alex trailed off, causing Luke to groan. The one person Luke needed to know their opinion on, he couldn't answer.

"Why do you care so much, Luke? He's literally just a friend to her. Oh, wait. Are you jealous?" Alex asked with a smile on his face. "What? I'm not jealous. I just don't like the vibe I get from him. I mean seriously? Pretty lady? What kind of nickname is that?" Luke asked, while Alex just continued to smile at him.

"Oh, so you're saying Adira's ugly?" Alex asked. He was roping Luke in. Alex has been trying for years to get them together. Maybe Miliano could be just the thing Alex needs for Luke to admit his feelings. "What? Of course Adira's pretty. She's always been pretty" Luke stated, obviously missing what Alex was trying to do.

"So, what do you care that he calls her pretty?" Alex asked him. "Because! I don't know, it's just weird. To me, at least" Luke mumbled. "Well, remember when Reggie was calling her pretty and flirting with her?" Alex reminded. "That's Reggie. And he's, well... Reggie!" Luke said. "That's fair" Alex mumbled.

"Look, if you have such a problem with it, go talk to Adira. Go get her opinion" Alex said. He gave Luke one last look and left to go find Willie. "Fine, I will" Luke kicked his shoe into the floor, before walking off. He felt like he was missing something but couldn't quiet put his finger on it.

AUTHORS NOTE

So we gotta little bit of Luke's feelings. He's made it very clear that he doesn't like Miliano. He obviously doesn't want to see Adira get hurt, and I was thinking about doing a flashback chapter of a time where she did get her heartbroken and Luke was there to comfort her.

Anyways, thanks for all the love and reads ❤️❤️❤️ it means so much to me!!!

Oh, and if we want a season two, tell your friends!!!!

Also, let me know what you guys did for Halloween 👻