Chapter 26

3rd PERSON POV

Luke and Adira poofed inside the garage. "Where's Reggie and Alex? Shouldn't they be here by now?" Was the first thing Adira asked once they arrived. "Um, I don't know. But let's not worry about them" Luke had to sing this song with her, and he had to do it fast before he backed out. That's one thing he never wanted to do.

"Ok, so what's this song that you want to show me so badly?" Adira clapped her hands as she faced Luke, who looked nervous. "Well, I don't really need help with it, I just need you to perform it with me. It's a duet and for me to make sure it sounds good on both sides, I need somebody with me" Luke lied, but Adira bought it.

He showed her his journal. "Perfect Harmony? Sounds interesting" Adira said intrigued. "Yea, just something I'm working on" Luke said as he grabbed his acoustic and started playing.

"Step into my world
Bittersweet love story 'bout a girl
Shook me to the core
Voice like an angel
I've never heard before"

Luke quickly pointed to where Adira would start.

"Here in front of me
They're shining so much brighter
Than I have ever seen
Life can be so mean
But when he goes, I know he doesn't leave"

Adira tried to understand who this song was about. And if she was right, she thought it was about Julie.

"The truth is finally breaking through
Two worlds collide when I'm with you
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony"

Adira started walking around the piano as Luke followed behind her, trying so desperately to keep eye contact as they sang.

" You set me free"

Luke smiled at her as he walked closer to Adira. They were so close, their shoulders were touching.

" You and me together is more than chemistry"

Adira tried not to smile, but singing with Luke always made her feel happy.

" Love me as I am
I'll hold your music here inside my hands"

They sang together. Luke wanted nothing more than to grab her hand and place it over his heart so she knew that he was singing to her.

"We say we're friends, we play pretend
You're more to me, we're everything
Our voices rise and soar so high
We come to life when we're
In perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony"

Adira started walking again with a smile, and Luke started following her.

"I feel your rhythm in my heart
Yeah yeah yeah"

Adira's back softly hit the piano as she and Luke stared at each other with so much emotion held in their eyes.

"You are my brightest burning star
Whoah whoah oh"

Luke definitely meant every word he was singing right now.

"I never knew a love so real (so real)
We're heaven on earth
Melody and words
When we're together we're
In perfect harmony"

Their words became softer as they realized the song was ending.

" Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa
Perfect harmony
Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa"

Luke pulled the guitar strap off his shoulder and stood in front of Adira, looking down at her with a smile.

"We say we're friends (we play pretend)
You're more to me (we create)
Perfect harmony"

The only thing that was heard in the room was them trying to catch their breaths. "We're a perfect harmony, Adira" Luke whispered as he leaned down and kissed her. Adira was taken back, but still kissed him back. "Wait, Luke" Adira pulled away. They had so many things to talk about now.

Before Luke could respond, Alex and Reggie poofed in. "Hey, we're back!" Reggie called out. Adira immediately stepped away from Luke and closer to the boys. She needed to leave and clear her head. "Where were you guys?" She asked with a fake smile. "Here. There. Everywhere. Just looking around. Where are you going?" Alex asked as he noticed Adira slowly walking towards the door.

"I have to meet up with Miliano. I'll see you guys later" Luke followed her out before she could leave. "Adira, can you please just wait?" Luke begged. "Please, Luke. I just need a minute. That song was really good" Luke didn't want to force her to leave, so he went back into the garage. Alex appeared a few seconds later.

"What happened in there? Luke looks upset" Alex pointed back at the garage. "We kissed, but I think it was a mistake" Alex would be jumping for joy right now if he hadn't heard the last part. "Mistake? Adira, he kissed you. How do you accidentally kiss someone?" Adira shrugged. She'd have to get back to him on that one, she'd never done it before, and she didn't plan on it any time soon.

"I think that song was about Julie. Voice of an angel, I've never heard before? Two worlds collide when I'm with you? How could that not be about Julie? Reggie said when you guys were first trying to get Julie, that she had the voice of an angel. And how could Luke and I be from two different worlds? We're both dead!" Adira exclaimed.

Alex wanted to laugh at her, but he realized that she desperately needed a friend right now. "Look, Adira? I need you to breath with me. That's all you have to do. Just calm down" Alex instructed gently. "Better?" Adira nodded. "Just come back in and we can all chill. Besides, we know Luke won't say anything while we're all in here" Adira never thought she'd see the day where, Alex, of all people, was telling her to chill out.

"Ok, but if he does, I'm out" Adira walked in with Alex close behind. Luke was strumming his guitar and going over lyrics, while Reggie was messing with his bass. Alex quickly realized that there was only two spots left, and he took the one closest to Reggie so Adira could be next to Luke.

It had been about 20 minutes and everybody was doing something that wasn't rehearsing. Adira and Reggie were playing riffs back and forth. Alex making a beat with his sticks. And Luke was playing a few chords here and there, nothing coming together.

" If we add the echos during the chorus while Julie and Adira come in with the melody it'll sound perfect" Luke said as he looked over at Adira. A distant thud caught their attention, making them turn to the window of the garage. "Again? What's that all about?" Reggie asked. Nobody responded as Alex got up and walked away to go talk to Willie.

"I kinda want to hit Willie, I'm not gonna lie to you guys" Adira said as she waited for Alex to come back. "Why?" Reggie asked confused. "He's messing with Alex, it's not right. And he's avoiding Miliano. Something's going on and I think it has to do with Caleb" she theorized.

"I don't know, we haven't felt those jolts in a while. I think it was just the pizza" Adira didn't respond, but she knew that wasn't it. She never ate, so how come she was getting those jolts?

Not even a minute later, Alex come back with a somber look on his face. "What happened?" Adira asked softly. "He said, uh... he said that we never should have met. And basically, us being friends was a mistake" her mouth would've hit the floor with how surprised she was. Willie said that to Alex?

"I'm gonna go" Adira walked passed Alex. "Where?" Luke called out. "I'm going to go see a friend" and with that she snapped her fingers and poofed out. Adira was going to ask Miliano what the hell Willie's problem was, and maybe get some advice.