Chapter 11

3rd PERSON POV

It was Sunday and Julie pushed back the writing time so she could hang out with Flynn. Adira didn't mind, seeing as she would have more time to sleep and avoid Luke. She noticed he was acting really weird after their talk. He bothered her all night. It was annoying, so she didn't get any sleep.

Laying on the couch with her eyes closed, it was peaceful. Adira was used to the silence, for 25 years she sat in a dark room all by herself. She used to hate it, but now, with the boys being around, she wanted nothing but quiet.

"What do you want, Luke?" Adira sighed, she didn't even want to open her eyes, she wanted this conversation to go by fast. "Can you teach me how to do that?" Luke asked. It creeped him out with that fact that she could tell who was there without opening her eyes.

"No. Now, go away" Adira turned over. "Can we please talk? I want to sit down and actually make this work" Luke pleaded. "If we make this fast, will you go away?" She sat up and looked at him. "I'll take what I can get" he said as he sat down beside her.

"I don't want to only talk to each other when everybody else is around. I miss having writing sessions with you, and being able to laugh with my best friend" Luke said sadly. "Well, I would miss all those things too, but my best friend voted to kick me out the band" Adira snapped back. "And I want to make that right. I wanna hear what you have to say" he dismissed her tone.

"Do you wanna hear my side? Truthfully?" She asked, Luke hesitantly nodded. Adira really was the most upfront person he knows. She is the type of person to tell you that you look terrible if somebody asks for her opinion.

"Ok, let's be real. You had no proof that it was me, which... it wasn't. You listened to the one member of the band you hadn't known longer than a year. And that hurt. I was your best friend, we helped each other through so much. And I'm not gonna bring it up to throw the past back in your face because that's petty. But, c'mon you know that I would've been the last person to do that" after she said that she took a deep breath. Feeling better about everything she held in, was now off her chest.

Luke had no idea that she was hurting that much about what happened. He obviously knew she was still upset about being kicked out, but she didn't just miss the band, she missed him. "I'm sorry, I never knew. And it wasn't fair to have a vote about that, we could've sat down and talked about it. Figured it out together, you know? But I was an ass and I was angry. I clearly wasn't thinking straight" Adira looked into his eyes, searching for any type of doubt, but she couldn't. Luke was being sincere, which made it harder on her, she wanted to be angry, she needed to.

"I didn't take those songs" she repeated, Luke nodded. "I know. I know" he said softly. "So, you think we can pick up where we left off?" He asked hopefully. "No" she said with a stone expression. "We can start over. You have to earn the title of being my best friend again. We'll start out as friends" Luke smiled as he tackled her into a hug. "Well, you're still my best friend. I missed you" Adira smiled at him.

"You better have. The band was nothing without me" she joked, which caused Luke to roll his eyes. "Now, leave me alone. I'm sleeping because you wanted to be a weirdo and bother me all night" she shewed away and laid back down. "You got it boss" he bit his lip to hold back a smile as he poofed out, excited to find the boys and tell them.

Adira got a few hours before she had to work with Julie and Luke. Julie definitely noticing the tension between the two was no longer there. "'Cause we're standing on the edge of great" Julie sang as Luke and Adira made a beat to go with it. Adira playing the piano, while Luke strummed his guitar.

"This is a good one too. We'll definitely have to perform this one. We can stop here if you guys want?" Truth was, Julie wanted to talk to Adira to see why they seemed less hostile towards each other. "Yea, that's cool. I'm gonna go talk to Alex. See you guys later" Luke gave Adira a smile and poofed out.

"Girl, what was that about?" Julie squealed, while Adira laughed at her. "Nothing. We just talked some stuff out, and we're taking it slow to be friends again" she said with a shrug of her shoulders, putting the notebook away. "Friends? Or something else" Julie wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. "What are you talking about?" Adira asked.

"Look, I may have a crush on Nick, but I would be blind not to think that Luke was cute. I would also be blind to not see the way he looks at you" Adira rolled her eyes and laughed. "Well, I guess you need some new glasses. Luke and I are slowly becoming friends again. That's all" she insisted. "Ok, but don't be shocked when Luke confesses his feelings for you!" Julie said as she skipped out of the garage.

"Yea, he'll do that when you tell Nick you like him!" Adira called out. She sighed, "that girl will be the death of me" she mumbled. Luke didn't have a crush on her, she was sure of it. If anything, Luke had a crush on music. He didn't have time for girls. So, why would he have time now? Especially for her?

Reggie poofed up to the loft where Adira was writing. "You just work all the time, huh?" Adira jumped at the sound of his voice, putting a hand on her heart and turned to face him. "If I wasn't dead, I'd die of a heart attack" she said. "Sorry, I just wanted to talk" Reggie sat on the desk next to her.

"Ok, about?" She asked curiously. "I wanted to talk about that day in the garage, you know? The day you got voted out?" She nodded her head. "Oh, I remember, vividly" Adira answered. "I wanted to tell you why I voted for you. I figured with you and Luke talking it out, we could too" he said a little nervously.

"The reason I voted for you was because... well... I d-" Reggie was stumbling over his words. "Reggie! Spit it out!" Adira exclaimed. "I voted you out because I was afraid that my vote wouldn't could if I didn't vote with Luke!" He rushed out. Adira leaned back in the chair and looked at him confused. "Reggie, what does that mean?" She asked softly.

"Back then, even now, I know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. And a lot of the time, you guys would dismiss anything I'd say because it sounded stupid. And I know I've done a lot of goofy things in the past, so when it got really serious, I felt like Luke wouldn't have counted my vote. That's why when we voted to see if Bobby would join the band, I didn't show up" Reggie explained with a sad face. If she was alive, Adira's heart would've been hurt with the way Reggie explained himself.

"I know you didn't take that song, Adira. And I'm so, so sorry" he apologized. "Reggie, why didn't you just tell me? Now, of course, you've done stupid things, but haven't we all? You're vote matters just as much as the rest of theirs. You're the kindest, sweetest, funniest guy I know. You bring a lot of cheerfulness into thing when people feel down. That's what makes you, you! Don't let other people affect who you are" Adira stood up and he followed.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" He asked hopeful. "Of course" they pulled into a hug and laughed slightly. "It's good to have you back. I don't think I can handle being the only goofy one in the band. It's a lot of weight to carry" Adira laughed as they pulled away.

"It must've been tough those 25 years in the room with the guys" Reggie nodded his head profusely. "Yea, all Alex did was cry, Luke was confused, and I was just trying to joke my way out of it. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun" Reggie explained.

"It feels good to have you back" he added. "Feels good to be back" Adira replied. "Now, go on. I have to finish this" she laughed as she slightly pushed him away. Reggie gave her a bright smile and a wave before poofing out.

It felt nice to be on good terms with the boys again, it made her happy, made her feel better.

AUTHORS NOTE

When I wrote Reggie apologizing, I remembered how his parents were always fighting and I also thought back to the times where the boys gave him looks when he said something goofy. I was like, let Reggie be serious for once with one of his closest friends. And he did.

Anyway, and chapter ideas you guys wanna see after the dance??