Chapter 31

3rd PERSON POV

Adira knew Luke would be at the house, but if she was being honest, she was a little nervous to see him. She didn't know how he felt after that, and she was scared to find out.

Adira walked up the steps of Julie's house to find Luke standing there. "Luke, I'm sorry that I-" Adira didn't get a chance to finish as Luke pulled her into him. "Don't be sorry. I'm happy that you and Julie did that" his forehead resting on hers.

"As much as I absolutely despise Bobby and literally hate his guts, there is one thing I'll give him credit for" they chuckled slightly. Luke pulled away to look at her fully. "And what's that?" He asked, confused. "He didn't take the song that meant the most to you" Luke nodded as Adira's hand caressed his cheek.

He sighed in content as he leaned into her touch. Luke loved the way he felt when he was around her. "Adira, since you came clean to me... I have to tell you something" Luke hated to ruin the moment, but he had to be honest with her. And he was nervous of her response, one thing Luke knows is that Adira doesn't play when it comes to her privacy.

When Adira nodded for him to continue, Luke gulped nervously. "The night we all came back, after we walked around for a bit, we spied on you and your dad" Luke rushed out, but his eyes didn't leave hers once. "I know" Adira replied calmly. "You do? I knew Reggie was right, you are a witch" Adira laughed.

"No. Alex told me before Julie and I went to your parents house. I'm not mad, a little embarrassed that you heard my one-sided conversation with my dad, but,... not mad" Luke sighed in relief. He grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. It was a habit Luke didn't want to break.

" Thank you so much, again. You know that I didn't have many regrets except for walking out on my parents, especially my mom. Thank you" Luke said. "Well, Julie and I saw how much you were hurting and we wanted to help. I didn't know how, obviously, but Julie helped me out. Matter of fact, Julie is the one you should be really thanking" Luke smirked a little, but it dropped.

"I'm so sorry for being mean earlier. I was already upset about everything and Alex came in, which ruined the moment, so that made a lot of things worse" Adira laughed at him. Luke pulled her hand up to his lips and pressed a gentle kiss to it. "What you did for me was perfect. You're perfect for me" she blushed at Luke's words.

"I think you're getting carried away. But, I think so too" she pressed a short, but, passionate kiss to his lips. "What was that for?" Luke asked a little dazed. "For being you" he smiled. "This is an interesting relationship you and I have" it was Adira's turn to smile. "So this is a relationship? I'd have to say, we are terrible at it" they both laughed at her statement. Adira saw Julie walking up, so she moved closer to Luke so Julie could have some space. Not that he minded.

" Hey, I'm sorry for overstepping. It's just that you guys helped me feel closer to my mom and I wanted to return the favor" Julie said as she walked closer. " No, it's fine. Adira and I actually just talked about this. You guys helped me out a lot. Thank you" Luke said again.

"Oh! I almost forgot to tell you guys. Flynn said the video that my dad made is trending on YouTube" sometimes Julie forgot that they were from the 90's. "That's a good thing. That means people love our music. We'll definitely be getting calls from managers now" Adira's smile dropped. Reggie was right, they had to tell Julie. They couldn't give her false hope, that was something, in her opinion, worse than leaving her.

" Julie, there's something we have to tell you" Adira spoke up. "Oh... ok" Julie said a little worried. " We figured out that we have unfinished business. That's why we came back as ghosts. And we have to play the show we never got to play" Luke explained. "At the Orpheum? That makes sense" Julie said understandingly.

The jolts hit them again and this time it hit harder. Luke was able to get stopped by the pole. Adira was close to falling on the floor. But, Luke's ringed fingers wrapped around her waist before she could fall. "That's getting really annoying" she groaned as she placed her hand over Luke's.

" We don't have a lot of time" Adira added as she stared up at Julie. "What was that are you ok?" Julie asked concerned. "We did something that we shouldn't have. The night we missed the dance. We m-" Luke didn't get the chance to finish because the jolt hit them hard. Adira was going to correct him, but now clearly wasn't the time.

"We met this ghost and he put a curse on us. And if we don't do what he says, then these jolts will destroy us" Adira finally told Julie the truth. And it broke her heart. "Then you gotta do what he says. What does he want?" Julie asked. "He wants us to be in his house band for eternity" Julie's mouth parted in shock at the words Luke said.

" But if we can play the Orpheum, then we can avoid all that and actually cross over" Adira saw the hurt look on Julie's face. "Crossover? As in, like, what? Go to heaven?" She questioned. "That's what we're banking on" Luke responded. "So, it's either you cross over, be in his band for eternity, or be destroyed by those jolts?" Julie asked with disbelief. "Yea" Adira and Luke mumbled in unison.

"That's just great" Julie walked away and slammed the door. "Julie, come on!" Adira pleaded and Julie turned around. "After everything!" Julie yelled at her. But quickly lowered her voice. "After everything we've been through together, you're leaving me? And lied to me? That's real nice" Julie's tone had such venom, that it brought tears to Adira's eyes, she didn't mean for any of this to happen. "C'mon, let's go to the garage" Luke grabbed her hand and poofed them back to the garage.

ADIRA'S POV

As we poofed in, we all looked terrible. "Rough day for all of us, huh?" I tried to make a joke but the mood was just too sad. It was pretty quiet in garage. Reggie would play a few cords on his bass, Alex was trying to balance his drum sticks on his nose. Luke would occasionally click his tongue on the roof of his mouth, and I would let out a sigh. The only thing that made me feel a little bit better was Luke's hand drawing patterns on the exposed skin of my lower back. It calmed me a little.

"I just can't believe this. After everything we've done. We helped Julie play again, she helped us play again. And now this? This is how we go? Unbelievable" I said with a slight scoff. Nobody responded as I rested my head on Luke's shoulder.

"Snap out of it!" Julie voice caught us off guard, Alex the most as he fell and pushed Luke into me. "Jeez, I think you broke Alex" Reggie tried to lighten the mood. "Do you guys wanna cross over or what?" Julie asked as Luke and I helped Alex back on the couch.

Nobody answered. "Get it together!" Julie said as she clapped her hands. But we knew this wasn't going to work. "They're never gonna let us play the Orpheum" Luke expressed our one problem. "We're nobody" Alex said. " We're less than nobody" I followed. "We have no bodies" Reggie finished.

Luke snapped his fingers and pointed at Reggie. "Somebody once told me that you don't ask for permission. You book gigs by doing" Julie said as she looked right at me. "That was me" Reggie said with a smile. "No it wasn't" Julie, Luke, and I responded. "Yes it was" Reggie mumbled.

"This isn't over. We were brought together for a reason, to help each other" Julie tried to encourage us. "Like Luke said, people don't just play the Orpheum because the want to" Alex pointed out. "People don't, but ghosts do" Julie said with a smirk as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Ok, we can do this. How hard can it be?

AUTHORS NOTE

It's almost over, can you believe it? I'll probably write a few bonus chapter after I'm done with the book. But I'll have to be very careful of what I do because season 2 hasn't been confirmed and we don't know what's happening with the guys in the show, which makes me not know what's happening with Adira.

I was thinking of some flashback episodes, maybe even different scenario flashbacks? Like Luke and Adira having one of their late night talks? A little bit of Reggie and Adira friendship? I don't know, you guys could also comment requests.

Love the support ❤️❤️