Chapter 23

3rd PERSON POV

When the band poofed behind Julie. Adira couldn't stop thinking about how close she Luke was to her. She could practically feel his body against hers. Adira was glad it was a little darker because Luke put him arm over her shoulders and pulled her closer.

While they were all watching, Alex appeared on stage. Julie saw and looked over at the band who just shrugged their shoulders, while Adira watched and cheered him in with a smile. "Yes, Alex! You go!" She cheered. Then he appeared right next to Adira again.

" You having fun out there?" Julie asked. Alex cleared his throat. " It's not my fault. It's my, um... my feet. Put me back in coach" Alex grabbed Adira's hand. Before she could protest she was already on stage. " Dance!" Alex encouraged as he saw that she was standing there.

She looked around and danced. Adira didn't care that the boys or Julie could see her, she loved to have fun. But, she poofed back over to the boys and Julie. It's was Alex's time to shine. "Ok, Adira! I didn't know you danced" Reggie said as she laughed and fixed her hair. "I don't. But it's always fun" she said a little breathless.

Luke's smile dropped at the way he saw Reggie and Adira smiling. He was still trying to figure out his feelings and work up the courage to tell Adira about his feelings. If he only knew.

"You good?" Adira asked him. "Yea, why?" Luke looked down at her. "Oh, it's just that you were frowning" Luke waved it off and pulled her into a side hug. "Don't frown, it's never a good look for you" Adira's fingers tried to jokingly move Luke's face to make him smile, causing him to actually smile and laugh.

Alex then appeared back over. " I was just doing that for you guys" he said as he cleared his throat. " Mhm, yea. You can stop smiling now" Reggie said. " I'm not gonna lie, that was kinda good" Julie said. " Yea" Flynn agreed. "I forgot why I hate her" Carrie then walked over.

" Hi, girls. Um, isn't it past your bedtime?" Carrie asked in an upbeat tone. " Now I remember" Flynn said. " Hmm. If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come" Adira was going to step forward but Luke held her back. "You can't touch her" Luke said as he struggled to hold her. " I can if Julie says I can! Just say the word Julie and I'll rip the wig right off. Or trip her. Whatever's good with you" Julie laughed but quickly covered it.

" That's not why I'm here" then the announcer came on stage. " Ok, it looks like we're closing the night out with one more group. "Julie and The Fat Ones"" Carrie and her girls snickered as they walked away.

" Really?" Adira and Reggie questioned as she dropped her hands. " Yea, my hand writing sucks" they all agreed. " From now on, I write our name" Adira said as Julie walked up on stage.

" Hi" Julie said as she set up her microphone. "It's actually "Julie and the Phantoms." Ok" Julie corrected and looked around as she started playing. Flynn turned on the projector.

" Hearts on fire
We're no liars
So we say what we wanna say
I'm awakened
No more fakin'
So we push all our fears away
Don't know if I'll make it
'Cause I'm falling under
Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder
I wanna fly
Come alive
Watch me shine"

Julie got up as the band kicked in. Julie danced around the stage.

" I've gotta spark in me
Hands up if you can see
And your a part of me
Hands up if you're with me
Now till eternity
Hands up if you believe
Been so long
And now we're finally free"

I Fell Again - Luke Pattersonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें