Chapter 32

ADIRA'S POV

"Look, don't worry, guys. Willie and Miliano said they'd get us on that marquee" Alex tried to reassure us as we walked to the Orpheum. I sure hope he's right because I'm really nervous. "This is gonna work, right?" Reggie asked nervously. "It has to" Luke said as he gripped my hand tighter as a jolt hit us again. "Hey, are you guys ok?" We slowly turned around to see Willie and Miliano.

"Yea" I said with a groan. "It's nothing we haven't felt before" Alex tried to play it off. "How'd it go?" I asked. "Well, when that opening band wakes up, they're gonna find their bus 200 miles outside of Vegas with no chance of getting back in time" we all laughed as Luke gave them a fist bump. Ok, so maybe we can do this.

"And that means there's probably a promoter upstairs right about now freaking out" we all nodded our heads. Losing your opening band the day of the show, I would freak out too. "Nah. This is Hollywood, man. I'm sure he's being very professional" Miliano said but I knew that he wasn't. Alex looked at us and walked closer to Willie. Miliano took my free hand and pulled us off to the side.

"Thank you for doing this. I know this could get you guys in serious trouble" I said first. "C'mon pretty lady, you know I'd do anything to make this up to you... and the guys" I laughed at the nickname. "I'm ready to see you guys rock that stage tonight" my eyes widened in surprise. "You're coming?" I asked. "Yea, Caleb doesn't know that Willie told me, so when I leave, Caleb doesn't suspect a thing" Miliano explained.

It was quiet between us before he pulled me into a hug. "I'm gonna miss you, pretty lady" I felt my lips pull into a smile as I hugged him back tight. "I'll miss you too" I responded as we pulled away. "Well, I'm gonna go. Willie will realize I'm gone as soon as he stops making heart eyes at Alex" I waved him goodbye as I walked over to Luke.

"Ok, le-" I didn't get a chance to say anything as Luke's lips crashed on mine. "Woah! When did this happen?" Reggie asked as Luke pulled away but grabbed my hand. "What was that for?" I didn't know we were exclusive. "Just because" I looked into Luke's eyes, but he wasn't looking at me, he was looking at Miliano.

"You're jealous? Luke Patterson is jealous?" I questioned. "What? I'm not jealous. I just wanted to kiss you, that's all" I nodded skeptically. "Sure. I just think you're jealous" I shrugged my shoulder. "Is it so bad that I want to show the ghost world you're my girlfriend?" I raised a brow, when did we have this discussion?

"Your girlfriend?" Luke's eyes widened once he realized what he said. I was just messing with him, but he got all flustered and started stuttering his words. "Ok, calm down. You'll die from freaking out" Reggie stepped up and patted Luke's chest. Then, Alex came back over.

"Alex, you all right, man?" Reggie asked first. "Yea. Yea, I'm ok" Alex said with an actual smile. "Yea, well, thanks to Willie, Panic! At The Disco needs an opening band" I clapped my hands together. "Then I guess someone up there needs to know we're available" we all laughed as we poofed up into the office.

"Stop saying the bus drove itself" the promoter banged the phone into the desk. "Ok" the guy sighed as he clenched his hand. "Yea, Willie and Miliano were right. This guys a total pro" Reggie whispered, which I have yet to understand. We are dead, they can't hear us!

"All right, boys, Adira. Let the magic happen. Alex, no dancing" Luke said with a fake stern voice. Alex acted as a ballerina and spun over to the lady's desk, knocking over her pencils and pens, giving Reggie enough time to type our band name into YouTube. While I wrote Julie's number down on the paper.

"Tasha! Get me CJ. Tell him I need a band to open in three hours" the promoter said. "Sure, but you might wanna check this out" Alex chuckled as the girl watched with amazement. "Somehow this video started playing on my laptop" I gave Reggie a high five.

"It's got half a million hits in just two days" the girl explained. "Who are they?" The promoter asked as he watched our video. "They're a hologram band. They call themselves Julie and the Phantoms" she said as she faced the guy. "Tell your friends" Reggie added.

"Where are they located?" The guys asked another question. "Our very own City of Angels" the girl answered. "Book 'em!" He exclaimed. We cheered and danced a little. "Sure, I just don't know how to..." the girl looked weirdly as she saw Julie's number on the paper.

"Your handwriting is better than mine" Luke said as he stared intensely at it. "I know. No need to be ashamed, babe" I teased. "Ok, we gotta go tell Julie" Reggie said as we poofed back in.

When we did we found Julie pacing. "Oh my gosh! What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it? Did you talk to them? Did they watch? Did they like us? Are we playing? Someone answer! Why's no one talking?" Julie said all in one breath. "Whoa! That's a lot of questions! Luke, Adira, you wanna take this one?" We nodded at Reggie.

"Take a seat" I said as we kneeled in front of her. "It's fine. Everything's fine" Luke reassured. "Yea. You should be getting a call right... now!" We all looked at Julie's phone with a smile but nothing happened. Of course, Alex timed it wrong.

"Ok. Right... now!" Alex exclaimed as he pointed at the phone as it started ringing. Julie starts cheering. "Nailed it" Alex held out his hand as we all gave him high fives. "Answer it. Go!" I rushed out.

"Hello?" Julie said as she cleared her throat. "Hi, this is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood" we started silently cheering and dancing. "Is this Julie of Julie and the Phantoms?" We all stopped so Julie can answer. "Yes, it is" Julie responded.

We all started dancing again as Julie talked. We all jumped and cheered. Luke and Reggie caught Alex and lifted him in the air while I danced with Julie. "We're playing the Orpheum, baby! Yea!" Julie cheered as we got up on the table.

"I'm swimming" Alex said as Luke and Reggie spun him around. Wow, what a crazy day. "Ok, there's so much I gotta do. I have to show my dad, I have to tell Flynn. What am I gonna wear? What are you guys gonna wear?" Julie asked as us.

Luke and Reggie set Alex down. "Don't worry about us. We'll figure something out. Go tell Flynn, shower. Do whatever. We'll be here" I said as we all calmed down. I hope we'll still be here.

"Ha! Yes, we did it!" Reggie cheered. I was still feeling excited. I started looking around for my clothes. I know I didn't exactly have the nicest stuff around, but I'm pretty sure I could pick out a good outfit. I'll probably have to help the boys too.

"The Orpheum, can you imagine?" Luke whispered as I felt him come up behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "Yes, I can. We're playing tonight!" I turned around to face him. "So, I was thinking. This might not be the best time, but I need to get this off my chest" Luke turned serious, while I got nervous.

"I wanted to ask you to be my gi-" Luke didn't get to finish because Alex and Reggie came rushing over. "Is this a group huddle? Because if so, I'm down. Adira, I'll need your help of picking out clothes" Reggie commented as I smiled at him. "Same" Alex added. I looked at Luke who looked at Alex and Reggie with an annoyed look on his face. "We were in the middle of something" Luke gestured between the two of us.

"So? You guys can have that time later. We need her help. And you're gonna need her help as well. Nobody wants to see you in a cutoff" I wanted to say that wasn't entirely true about what Alex said, but I felt like that would've added fuel to the fire. So, instead, I pulled them into a group hug.