Chapter 34

3rd PERSON POV

"Hey, Julie, it's time" Rob said as he knocked on the door. "Just a second" Julie called out nervously as she began pacing the floor again. "Something's wrong. Adira and the boys were getting those jolts pretty bad as I was leaving. And they wouldn't stand me up again. They must've run out of time" Julie said sadly to Flynn.

"I'm so sorry, Jules" Flynn felt sad too, she didn't know them like Julie, but they brought music and fun back into her best friends life. "They didn't cross over. They're gone. And I didn't even get to say goodbye" Flynn got up and gave Julie a hug. "Hey, Julie, you're on" he knocked on the door again. All the emotions were to much for Julie to handle as she ran out the door.

Julie stepped out the doors and sighed heavily. Gentle sobs coming from Julie as she looked up at the sky. "I don't know if you can hear me, mom, but... I can't handle it. Flynn says you're supposed to be behind everything, but I don't know. If I was supposed to help Adira and the guys, I didn't. They're gone. And I'm so sorry" Julie apologized as she tried to calm down.

"They were my friends. My band. My family" Julie sobbed. Thinking about how they all helped her in some way, how they were some of the most important people in her life. "Why can't you just come pick me up... and... and hold me in your arms and just tell me that everything's gonna be ok and that I'm gonna get through it?" More sobs escaped as it became harder to control her emotions.

"That even thought they're not here with me, they're still up there with you. I just wish you were here" at that exact time a lady walked by her and noticed Julie crying. The woman gave her a dahlia, Julie's mom's favorite flower. Julie sighed as she held the flower, it was like she was hugging the closest thing to her mom.

Julie walked back in and she knew what she had to do. "Signs" Julie said to Flynn as she held up the flower. "Wait, where are you going?" Flynn called out as Julie walked towards the stage. "She's going on stage" Flynn realized. "Hold on. Julie just walked onto the stage" Rob said into his headset. Flynn cheered her on.

Whistling and cheering came from the crowd as she walked towards the keyboard. Julie set the dahlia on the piano. "Hi, I'm Julie" she introduced herself. "Um... Tonight, I'd like to dedicate this song to my mom, who's been there with me every time I've played. And thank her for... not giving up on me" Julie said as she looked up.

"I'd also like to dedicate tonight's performance to... four special friends. Who have changed my life completely, who have brought music back to me. It was their dream to play here, and... this is for them. This song is for anyone who's lost their way. Step into your greatness. Don't give up. Stand tall. Thank you" Miliano was standing at the front of the stage with a sad look on his face. They should've had more time, he knew that. Applause rang out once again as Julie played a few keys.

"Don't blink
No, I don't want to miss it
One thing
And it's back to the beginning
'Cause everything is rushing in fast
Keep going on, never look back
And it's one, two, three, four times
That I'll try for one more night
Light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind
Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'mma stand tall
I'mma stand tall
Whatever happens
Even when everything's down
I'mma stand tall
I'mma stand tall
I gotta keep on dreaming
'Cause I gotta catch that feeling
Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'mma stand tall
I'mma stand tall"

The sound of drums came in and Julie looked over to see Alex had appeared. She smiled as Alex smiled back. Bobby sat up more in the crowd to see if the rest would appear.