Chapter 26

Enjoy the double update! <3

"What happened with Alex? I hear he got beaten up really bad" Jacob says coming into the living room.

I turn to look at Corbyn and he has leaned and his head is resting at the top of the couch. He seems calm not like we were kissing a few seconds ago. Me, on the other hand, I feel like the room is too hot. My mind hasn't started working properly yet as I'm still going over our kisses.

"Yeah I heard that too but he fucking got it coming."

"Still, I heard he spent the night in the hospital," Jacob tells him looking a little worried.

Corbyn just shrugs as if he hasn't been affected a bit by what Jacob said. Only then do I see that his lips are swollen from the kisses we exchange and my eyes widen.

I turn to Jacob hoping he hasn't noticed. And, thank God, he continues talking about this poor boy who got into a terrible fight and went to the hospital in a crucial condition.

My phone rings stopping their conversation for a second. I take my phone in my hand and smile when I see the name Clay on the screen. I called her after Corbyn hurt at me and since then we speak as much as before all of that happened. I had missed my best friend so much...

"Hey,"

"Hi, girl! How are you?" she asks.

"Good" On fire, I internally whisper to myself and I smile at the thought. "You?"

"Studying biology! I hate this lesson. You don't know how much I've missed you helping me. I'm writing a test on Thursday and I don't know what I'm going to do. So..."

'So...?" I ask even though I know what she wants.

"So I want my dear friend and my future doctor to help me!" I laugh at her words to convince me to help her.

"Come on!" she shouts begging me and I laugh again. During our conversation, I feel eyes on me and I turn to him. I see him staring at me frowning.

"We will remember the old good times when we were helping each other out" I smile at the thought but what consumes my thoughts it's Corbyn's stare. He hasn't quit looking at me even though Jacob is standing right in front of him, talking.

And then, I realize what it's really going on. He's jealous...The thought warms my heart melting it and sets my whole body on fire at the same time. He makes me crazy...

A huge grin covers my face and his frown deepens. He must think I smile because of the 'boy' I talk to the phone with.

"Okay, I'll do it," I agree.

"Yesss!" she shouts and I see Corbyn sitting up. Oh God, is he going to come in here while Jacobs is here?

"Just give me five minutes, CLARY," I utter her name staring at Corbyn and I think I saw his muscles relax under his t-shirt before he rolls his eyes.

"Ok. See you in five," she says and hangs up.

"Did you get it? I strongly believe that the differences between DNA and RNA are SOS"

"Yeah," she agrees writing something down in her notebook.

"Anything else I can help you with?"

"How are you doing with math?" she asks instead and I smile. Back in Chicago, I was helping her with biology while she was helping me with math when we needed some clarifications.

"I'm good. Yesterday was our first test," I mutter trying to push away the thoughts of what happened before it.

"And? How did it go? Tell me you weren't a mess of nerves again!" she complains knowing me too well about my anxiety in important tests. I tug my tongue out.