The Award Goes To... (SPECIAL) -ONEUS-

A special Halloween Oneshot for MINsSpringroll 

As soon as it hit Halloween, Ravn and his friends started decorating for the said occasion. Hwanwoong and Dongju were in charge of the treats while Seoho and Keonhee were busy preparing the decorations for the house. Leedo, however, is helping Ravn carve pumpkins for the lawn alongside the decorations.

"Hyung, do you think this pumpkin is okay?" Leedo asked as Youngjo looked at it and nodded. Leedo brought the pumpkin outside and placed it near the front of the lawn. He looked around the neighborhood as he saw that everyone's decorating their own homes with creepy and scary decorations. There was this annual Halloween Decorating contest in the town, with the winners' home being presented to the public alongside a special trophy that the mayor especially designed for Halloween.

"Seems like everyone's being more competitive this year," Keonhee said as he crept up to Leedo, faintly scaring the older. Leedo looked at Keonhee as the latter just smiled sheepishly before going back to designing their lawn. Leedo just giggled as he went back inside the house.

Hwanwoong and Dongju were in the kitchen, currently making Fruit Punch for themselves to drink. They already finished baking ghost-shaped cookies and donuts for those who'll trick or treat and for themselves, of course. They also have candy, which the two bought at the local grocery. As they were working, they saw movements at a hedge in front of them.

"Hyung, did you see that?" Dongju asked as Hwanwoong looked up to Dongju and saw him pointing towards their back yard. The older looked where Dongju was looking and saw nothing, just the hedge and the neighbors who were busy swimming.

"Dongju, I don't see anything over there, well except for our neighbors who are swimming," Hwanwoong said as he directed his gaze back to the Fruit Punch he's making. Dongju just looked at the hedge as it starts moving once again, but this time, a squirrel just went out of it. Oh, it's just a squirrel... Dongju thought as he went back on creating the fruit punch, not knowing that there was something inside it.

-----

"The winner for this year's Halloween Decorating Contest is... Allen Ma!" The announcer said as everyone clapped for the winner, except one. They were glaring at the person who won the contest. We should be the ones who won, not him! They thought as they started glaring at the winner as he went down from the mini-stage that was built just for this day with the special trophy in his hands.

"Congrats on winning, Allen!" Youngjo said as he congratulated him. The latter just smiled as he shook Youngjo's hand. They just looked at Youngjo as they started boring holes into the latter's head. He was furious at the sight. WE SHOULD'VE WON, NOT THAT PATHETIC PERSON! They thought as dark ideas started swirling in their mind.

Allen just looked at them as he saw the glares they have been sending to both Youngjo and him. He just looked back at Youngjo as both their hands retreated. Allen bowed before going back to his house. Youngjo went back as he sighed. The others sighed as they went back to their house.

"We didn't win this year, unlike in the past years, but it's okay! At least we had fun decorating right?" Seoho said as everyone smiled and immediately nodded, except for them. They had a fake smile on, but inside, They're burning in furiousness. They wanted to win the award every single year, but of course, someone had to ruin their beautiful record of wins.

"Anyways, shall we start?" Seoho asked as the maknaes immediately nodded, making Youngjo and Seoho chuckle. Hwanwoong and Dongju immediately went to the kitchen to grab their fruit punch, cookies, and donuts. The rest were just chilling at the couch, waiting for Hwanwoong and Dongju. The two returned with six baskets filled with cookies and donuts and a whole bowl filled with fruit punch. Youngjo and Leedo immediately grabbed the fruit punch bowl as they placed it down at the table near the door. Keonhee and Seoho grabbed the basket and placed it beside the fruit punch while Hwanwoong and Dongju went back to the kitchen to grab the remaining baskets and some paper cups.