iii. THE WEASLEY HOUSE

Avalon sat in the living room of her family's London townhome, a pile of presents in front of her and her twin brother. Some of them were wrapped beautifully, like the package with ornate silver paper, while others were not so pristinely wrapped.

"This one is from your Aunt Bellamy and I." Her mother said, handing a small, narrow envelope to Avalon.

The birthday girl tore into it, squealing in excitement when she saw its contents.

"Seriously?" She shrieked, standing up and running to hug her mother. "Bent-Winged Snitches tickets? Oh my god!"

Amelia smiled proudly. The Bent-Winged Snitches were Avalon's favorite band, and it had been Bellamy's idea to get Avalon and her best friend tickets.

Arthur handed Avalon one of two parcels wrapped in silver and green paper, the one that had her name on it.

"From Aunt Narcissa." Arthur said.

Avalon smiled at the memory of summers spent at the ancestral Black family home with her siblings and Aunt Narcissa, helping the older woman renovate the townhouse while also running around with her brothers and sister.

12 Grimmauld Place was where Avalon had met her best friend, Beth Morningstar. Beth lived next door, at 13 Grimmauld Place, and Avalon had found Beth outside on the sidewalk one morning, drawing on the pavement with chalk. It luckily turned out that the Morningstars were a wizarding family, so the two girls were able to go to Hogwarts together.

Avalon also met Teddy Lupin at the Black family home. His grandmother, Andromeda Tonks, brought him by to visit with Narcissa, and on that day, when Teddy was eight and Avalon was six and a half, she fell headfirst into having the biggest crush on him.

So as she tore the pretty wrapping off of her present, she couldn't help but think fondly of her Aunt Narcissa, who was, of course, not related to her in the slightest, just a close family friend.

Inside the parcel was a layer of tissue paper, and under that was a gorgeous green sweater that was incredibly soft to the touch.

Under the sweater was a note, and Avalon read it aloud:

Dearest Avalon,

I know green isn't your favorite color, but I found this while cleaning out a few unused bedrooms at the house. It turns out that one of them used to be mine, and this sweater was a birthday gift from my cousin Sirius years and years ago.

Anyway, I thought you might like a hand-me-down, just this once. Green does look wonderful with your beautiful red hair.

Have a fantastic birthday, brilliant girl. Be good—your mother already stresses too much about you and your brothers and sister.

Much love,

Aunt Narcissa

fun fact avalon and i have the same birthday (august 3)