xxiv. THE SHACKLEBOLT ESTATE

Avalon held Isabel's head to her chest, doing her best to cover her baby sister's ears. Every time someone screamed inside the ballroom, or the crystal chandelier above their heads rattled from an explosion, Isabel stiffened, and Avalon knew she was trying to hide how scared she was.

Isabel was only fourteen, and despite what she outwardly expressed, she idolized her older siblings.

If they could be so brave in the face of a fight, why couldn't she?

But in the meantime, she enjoyed how much attention Avalon was giving her. Usually, her elder sister was too busy to spend time with her, so this was a welcome change.

Suddenly, the door to the ballroom flew open, and Amelia Weasley found her children huddled against the wall, gazing up at her with worry in their eyes.

"Oh, thank Godric," Amelia breathed, kneeling to hug her children. "Your father couldn't find you in there and I—I was scared something happened to you."

She became choked up at the thought of the something that could have happened to her babies, and she quickly pulled away, wiping her eyes.

"Is everyone alright?" Oliver asked as he stood up from where he had been sitting on the ground next to his sisters.

Amelia nodded and brought her oldest daughter into her arms, feeling the redhead tremble.

"Yeah. There was an assassination attempt on Kingsley. A group of men who don't like the way he's governing as Minister for Magic had the bright idea to try to kill him." She explained with a roll of her brown eyes.

Avalon glanced at Teddy for a brief moment before turning back to her mother. "Can we go home now?"

weasley family supremacy