cxii. THE DIVINATION CLASSROOM

Avalon sat in the divination classroom one afternoon, long after classes had let out for the day, hunched over a table in the back of the room as she graded essays for Reese.

She loved being a teaching assistant for the divination and astronomy classes, mostly working with her sister, cousins, and their friends. And while the position was quite rewarding—before choosing to follow in her Aunt Ginny's footsteps, she'd wanted to do what Reese had done when they graduated from Hogwarts and become a professor—teaching students who were both taller and younger than her, and therefore not as respectful to her as they should have been, could be quite draining.

Even reading the third years' essays on palmistry was annoying. Half of the essays were written on the wrong topic, and the other half were riddled with grammar and spelling errors that were so disheartening to see coming from a group of thirteen year olds.

Honestly, Avalon thought, who taught these children how to write? It's like they were never even taught how to spell!

She was so lost in her work that she didn't notice when Reese had come back into the classroom, hovering over the table with a bemused expression.

"Oh, bloody hell!" Avalon jumped nearly a foot in the air when she saw Reese standing there, knocking a bottle of ink and her favorite quill off the table.

Reese just laughed, bending down to pick up the ink bottle. "Merlin, Avalon, I know you weren't raised with much muggle influence, but you really should learn to use a pen." They cast a quick cleaning spell to easily mop up the spilled ink.

Avalon raised her eyebrows. "What're you doing in here? I thought we agreed that I'd finish these by dinner and drop them off in your office when I was done?" She asked.

"Come on, you've been working on those for hours now. Take a break. Or, if you'd like, we can take these into my office and finish them over a cup of tea?" Reese offered as they pocketed their wand.

The redhead sighed and nodded, pushing back from the table and standing up. "Yeah, actually. I'd like that."

a reese chapter bc my homie had a bad day