xvii. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM

Firewhiskey was flowing freely as the Gryffindor victory party raged on, and Avalon Weasley stood on a table with a bottle of muggle vodka in her hand as she screamed along to the song that was playing.

"All I do is win, win, win, no matter what. Got money on my mind, I can never get enough. And every time I step into the building..." She shouted at the top of her lungs, high off the feeling of success. "Everybody's hands go up!"

All of the upperclassmen Gryffindor students were yelling along with her.

Clarissa Wood hopped up onto the table with Avalon, throwing her arm around the younger girl's shoulder.

"I have never been prouder of you in my life." Clarissa slurred, already wasted.

Avalon just laughed, taking a swig right from the bottle.

Suddenly, she was swept off of the table, and it took her tipsy brain a moment to register that she was being paraded around on one of the Gryffindor Beater's shoulders.

She found herself grinning from ear to ear, the joy that came from winning overwhelming.

She caught her twin brother's eye across the room, and she had almost forgotten that she invited him, her cousins, Oliver, and Teddy, just out of the kindness of her heart (also because she knew Arthur would snitch to their parents if he knew Avalon was actually having fun without him).

She loved her brothers and sister, she really did. But it was bad enough that she was always getting the whole "oh my god, aren't you Amelia Weasley's daughter" spiel from people out in public. Getting asked if she was Oliver, Arthur, or Isabel's sister made her feel like she didn't have an identity of her own.

So she sought to create one for herself. And if that ended up being the crazy Seeker with a problem with authority and an attitude, so be it.

posted from the bathroom at work