xxxi. THE HOSPITAL WING

Even before Avalon opened her eyes, she could tell there were loads of people surrounding her. And judging by the pressure on the entire left side of her body, it seemed that someone was cuddled up to her, as well.

She finally did open her eyes, and a wave of pain hit her like a ton of bricks raining down on her.

"Bloody hell." Avalon swore under her breath.

Isabel, who had been the one snuggling up to her side, quickly sat up.

"You're alive!" She exclaimed.

Avalon cringed and shut her eyes again. She just wanted to go back to sleep.

She heard a scoff. "She's clearly alive, Izzy."

Now that was a voice she didn't recognize. She opened one eye to figure out whose voice it was.

Surrounding the cot she laid in in the Hospital Wing were both of her brothers, Beth, Clarissa, Alaina, Josephine, and, most importantly, Teddy Lupin. But behind all of her friends and siblings was a girl with dark hair and striking, bright eyes that Avalon had only seen in passing.

Cordelia Rosier stood off to the side, still in her quidditch uniform, and she looked like she'd rather be anywhere else.

The two Slytherins exhanged an indecipherable look.

"So, does anyone want to tell me why I'm here?" Avalon asked.

Isabel gave Cordelia another pointed look, and the dark-haired girl sighed, scoffing again as if being around them was painful.

"One of the Beaters on my team thought it'd be funny to hit a Bludger at you." Cordelia said grumpily, arms crossed across her chest. "Really, you should've been paying more attention, but either way... the Bludger hit you, you fell and hit Mason on the way down. And now you're here. And I've been sent to apologize. Even though it wasn't my fault."

Alaina held her arm up, a feat that was hard to accomplish since it was in a sling.

"You owe me, Weasley—broke my bloody arm when I tried to break your fall." She said with a sly grin.

Oweing Alaina Mason simply meant that Avalon would have to do her divination homework for a week. That was something she could handle.

Madame Pomfrey came bustling into the room then, and she looked rather displeased at the crowd of people gathering around Avalon's bed.

"Alright, out! All of you! This commotion is not good for Miss Weasley's healing!" She exclaimed, gesturing towards the door.

With grumbling and huffing, the group eventually did leave, but Teddy lagged behind the rest for just a moment, giving him enough time to say a few words to her.

"I'm glad you're alright, Ava. Sleep well."

updating bc i'm anxious about the election