xliv. THE WEASLEY HOUSE

One of Amelia Weasley's favorite things to do was force her husband and children into a karaoke night when they were home from school, whether it be on holiday breaks or over the summer. The children and Fred pretended to hate it, but judging by the way they gathered in the living room after dinner the night they came back from Hogwarts for Easter break, it seemed like they were actually rather excited.

Amelia dragged the record player from the kitchen out into the living room, and with a subtle turn of her body she was able to pop a vinyl onto the turntable without her family seeing what it was.

The opening notes of Night Changes began to play.

"Bloody hell." Arthur sighed, wrapping his arms around a throw pillow and sinking deeper into the couch.

Avalon jumped up from her seat and ran to her mother, using the television remote as a microphone. "Going out tonight, changes into something red."

"Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress."

Oliver surprised them all when he stood up, dragging Isabel along with him, and continued the song: "Everything she never had, she's showing off."

The Weasleys continued their karaoke night well past midnight, and Amelia had convinced Arthur to join them for a song. He'd picked You and I, and he'd shocked them by absolutely nailing Zayn's verse and high note.

Avalon collapsed onto the couch, exhausted but still laughing at her family's antics, and she laid her head on Isabel's lap. Her sister instantly began to absentmindedly play with her hair, and Avalon closed her eyes.

It wasn't long before she fell asleep on her sister's lap, and she slept so soundly that she didn't feel Isabel get up and go to bed.

In fact, she didn't wake up until she was shaken awake by her older brother.

"Hey," Oliver whispered, jostling her shoulder again. "Time for bed."

She squinted in the darkness of the room. "What time is it?"

"Almost two."

There was a look of hesitation on his face, almost like he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words to say it.

Avalon furrowed her eyebrows. "Alright, Ollie. What's wrong?" She asked her brother.

He didn't answer her right away. Instead, he took several deep breaths and wrung his hands that rested in his lap, all while refusing to meet her gaze. Despite how dark the living room was, the moonlight seeping through the windows allowed Avalon to see how pale he'd gotten.

"Av, I need to tell you something." Oliver said quietly, looking at his hands.

Avalon scooted closer to her brother on the couch, grabbing his hands. "Hey, whatever it is, it'll be alright. Just tell me." She reassured him.

He took another deep breath. "I'm gay."

Her facial expression didn't betray her reaction—it stayed the same as before he'd told her.

"Oh, that's it?"

Honestly, he acted as if he was about to tell her that he'd murdered someone. Even if he had, she'd still love him regardless (and help hide the body).

"Well, no. There's more." He really didn't want to meet her eyes now. "The reason I was so against you and Teddy is because... well, I've had a crush on him nearly as long as you have."

She went pale. "You like Teddy?"

Oliver nodded, looking terribly guilty. "I know, I know. I'm sorry. I've never acted on it, nor will I ever, but I just thought you should know."

He was taken aback when she tackled him in a hug.

"Oh, Oliver. I'm sorry you thought you had to keep that from me."

Despite his surprise, he hugged his sister fiercely in return, thankful for her response.

arthur being a directioner as reese requested