Chapter 1

The last class of the year was going to end any minute soon and everybody was exited for the summer break. Most students were happy just to get the hell out of school, but Jennie Kim wasn't. Jennie was happy for different reasons.

She was really planning to make something of this break. She was planning to step out of her comfort zone a little bit. Her life had always been near perfect; A loving family, perfect grades and a loving group of friends. However, she had always felt a little bit empty. She didn't like to complain, or even talk about it for that matter since she didn't want to come off as ungrateful for what she had, or spoiled. She had nearly everything.

After the summer break, she would be entering her senior year. And she was going to be ready. Her first step to stepping out of her shell was going to be asking out Chahee. The girl she had been crushing on a little bit lately. She wasn't known to the whole dating "situation", she had never even kissed anyone before. She was particularly unfamiliar with asking somebody out because, mostly, girls didn't ask boys out. But since Jennie had come out as gay a few months back, she knew that she has to become more familiar with it soon.

Jennie stared at the clock to watch the last seconds pass by, as everybody probably was. When the bell rang, all hell broke loose. Cheers and claps were heard from all over the school. There were even some people throwing their papers on the floor. As much as she wanted to join them, Jennie had to pack up her things quickly because she was going to meet her closest friends Rosé, Irene and Nayeon at Starbucks after school.

Leaving the school was hard, as she had to avoid wild teenagers everywhere but she finally made it to the café at the end street. Of course she was the first one to be there, but she didn't really mind because it gave her the chance to tell her friends about her plans to ask Chahee out. They had been aware of Jennie's little crush on the girl before but when they asked she would never confirm it, or deny it.

A few minutes later, the three other girls entered the place. Jennie started growing nervous immediately. After they noticed her, Rosé and Nayeon started waving excitedly, they sat down opposite of Jennie while Irene sat next to her in the booth. Irene extended her fist for Jennie to bump it and she did, chuckling a little bit.

They talked a bit about their summer plans after settling down and ordering their usuals until a silence fell over the friend group. Jennie's heart started beating faster and louder and she decided that it was a kind of now or never situation.

"Sooo...." She started. Three pairs of eyes were glued to hers and that made her even more nervous, although she didn't know why. These were her friends, the same three girls that she has been through everything with. Why was she so nervous? Especially about something so small. She didn't realise how long she had been quiet until Irene spoke up.

"Spit it out." The small girl said while slurping her drink very loudly.

"Okay, okay." Jennie held up her hands defensively.

"You know Chahee from my math class right?" Jennie said hesitantly.

"Yes?" Rosé squealed enthusiastic while Nayeon mouthed an 'I knew it.' to an already smirking Irene.
Jennie nervously fidgeted with her fingers and finally spoke up.

"Well, I'm going to ask her out..." For some reason she straightened her shirt before going on. "...this afternoon."

She looked up from her shoes that she had been staring at for a while and was confronted with three smirking faces.

"Good for you, girl!" Nayeon exclaimed while Irene clapped next to her. "I'm sure you've already planned out every word and move."

Jennie blushed a little, because, yeah, that was exactly what she did.