Chapter 10

Jennie and I, we almost kissed...again. I was really determined this time but something came between. Someone actually. I had vowed to myself not to associate myself with Taehyung and his lot again because all that could really come of it was trouble. I don't miss them, and I know that they don't miss me. I could stay as far as them any day, just with the assurance that I would be close to Jennie. I don't know what she does to me, but I'm starting to like it. Not only is she breaking my walls, she is also bringing colour to my life. Thoughts of dark things that were painted black and white before are now dissapearing, slowly but surely. I have been damaged, never to be fully repaired by anyone, unless one person. This person, however, is not Jennie. Jennie can never fully bring me back to who I was before, she can never take me out of my dark place completely. That is my opinion for now at least. But I love how she's doing now. She's balancing me out, I know she is. I can feel it. When I was near Jennie, I felt happy. Which is something I haven't felt for a long time. The dark thoughts I had before are making room for happy thoughts, Jennie thoughts. It's even now. Although I'd wish they were fully gone, I'm totally content with even. I had been writing for who knows how long and I finally felt like I had concluded what I felt right now. My phone rang at the exact right time and I smiled at the contact name.

"Hey babe." I said, while smiling like an idiot. A very happy and content idiot might I happily add. I was twirling my pen around my fingers when I heard loud laughter followed by an 'awww' coming from the other side of the line.

"You're are at that stage already? Damn you guys." I heard, followed by more laughter.

"Ohmygod Rosé." I laughed as well. "Where is Jennie?"

"She's in the upstairs, no clue what she's doing but she said it would take a while." Rosé paused, then resumed in a whisper voice. "She hasn't stopped talking to you for days. I keep hearing the story of what happened at your house on repeat, I can't handle it anymore, yo." She said with a little chuckle at the end. "You should come over, now. She won't stop talking about how she wants to see you again."

I didn't have to be told twice. I was already rushing downstairs to put on shoes. I didn't really have to wear a jacket due to the weather here in Miami so a tank top did well enough for me.

"I'm coming already." I informed Rosé. I passed my dad and walked towards the door. I stopped in my tracks when he spoke.

"Where are you going?" His voice filled the quiet room. He sounded sober and sane. He was standing up straight and didn't look like a drunk. I was confused at first, but then remembered what day it was.

"Out." I spoke, trying to sound calm while I actually wanted to scream out at him. I wanted to curse at him for letting everything come to what it was now. But I chose to be calm, to keep peace and Rosé was still on the line with me. My father nodded, he knew that that was all he was going to get.

"Do you know what day it is?" He dared to ask. How the fuck could he think I would ever forget.

"Yes, I fucking know what day it is, Marco." I snapped. But I quickly collected myself again when I saw him flinch. Instead of lashing out, which he normally would when I cursed at him, his eyes saddened more. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

"Do you want to talk about it, Lisa?" He tried. I was fascinated for a while, he actually spoke my name. When he was drunk, he never would. It would always be 'hey, you.' or 'little girl' and that went on for the longest time. Times like these, where he would call me by my name, I would start to miss the person he was all over again.

"Not with you." I said and stormed out of the house. I could almost swear that I saw a tear roll down his cheek before I left. I sighed when I was in my car. I put the phone up to my ear again but heard nothing. The phone call was still running but it was silent on the other side. I waited a while but heard Rosé's voice soon.