Chapter 5

Jennie had been awake all night. After putting Ella to bed, she kept thinking about Lisa. Not just about the doe eyed girl herself but to what her friends had said, or rather, what they didn't say. What could be so bad about Lisa? Her friends didn't even tell her what it was, and that frustrated Jennie more. Lisa didn't seem... bad or anything. Quite the opposite, she was so endearing. She didn't do a lot of speaking but when she did, Jennie couldn't help but getting hypnotised by her raspy voice. Her smile was also so genuine and natural. Also, the way she interacted with Ella, was so adorable. If her friends had said anything bad about the Lisa she had encountered in their first meeting. Then yeah, Jennie would have believed them. But the Lisa she spend the day with yesterday. No, she couldn't be bad.

Jennie kept scrolling through her Tumblr dashboard, randomly liking and reblogging some pictures and gifs. She sighed of relieve when a text message, otherwise she would have never gotten off of Tumblr.

(2.34 p.m.) Rosé: Yo Jen.
(2.36 p.m.) Jennie: What?
(2.36 p.m.) Rosé: I'm coming over to yours because my sister is going to have a birthday party which means there'll be even more kids, and not enough space. So I offered my room for the night. (Which means you have to share yours ;))
(2.37 p.m.) Jennie: Gee Rosé, I'm so happy we could talk about that and that we both had a say in this decision.

Jennie laughed. She and Rosé both knew she wasn't serious. Just playful. Like always.

(2.38 p.m.) Rosé: Oh, you know you love me ;), I'll be over in a few, yeah?
(2.38 p.m.) Jennie: Okay Wifey, see you in a few.

Jennie started tidying up her room and put some extra pillows in the bed before Rosé arrived. She kind of had to except the fact that she won't be getting any sleep this night either. She didn't really mind, as long as she wasn't alone again, she was fine with getting no sleep. Her father passed by her room and Jennie stopped him.

"Dad, Rosé is coming over for the night is that okay?" She asked her dad. When he didn't respond for a while, Jennie went further. "Her sister is having a birthday party and there will be a bunch of kids and you know there are already a lot of kids and-" she kind of rambled.Her father held up his hand to signal her to stop. He just simply shrugged, mumbled an "okay." and left. Jennie sighed and sat down on her bed.

That was how communication had been with her father for a while now. Ever since she had told him about Chahee. He knew she was gay, but he never expected her to really 'act' on it. It was dumb to think that way, he knew, Jennie knew, but he didn't really understand where to go for that point on.  And that brought communication issues, yes. Before Jennie could sink deeper in her thoughts, the doorbell rang. She squealed in excitement as the went to open the door. She welcomed Rosé with a koala hug and Rosé carried both of them to Jennie's room. Jennie didn't let go though. Even when they were in Jennie's room.

"Okay. You can let go of me now." Rosé chuckled.

"No, you're comfortable and warm." Jennie whined. Rosé poked Jennie in the side. Jennie's shock caused them both stumbling backwards and they fell onto Jennie's bed.

"Fine, then." Jennie huffed while getting off of Rosé. The older girl stared at Rosé's snapback that had fallen in the process of them falling and finally picked it up. She put it on and looked in the mirror.

"What'd ya think?" Jennie chuckled while doing some sort of 'rock' pose. Rosé tore her eyes away from her phone and also laughed.

"It would look great if you wouldn't do....that." She motioned at Jennie's face. Jennie hit Rosé shoulder and the girl held on to it and acted hurt.

"Ouch," she chuckled. The other girl took the snapback off and giggled to herself.

"No, it's not for me." Her mind travelled to the brown eyed girl who seemed to own it for the past 12 hours and she thought of their first encounter. She smiled to herself.