Chapter 20

As content as the two girls were in that moment, Lisa knew they had to discuss a thing or two. So she sighed and sat up, losing her grip on Jennie. The girl sighed at the loss of contact and wiggled back into her girlfriends arms. That action alone made Lisa want to abort her plan. They could just lie on that couch forever for all she cared. As long as she was with Jennie. But she knew that things had to be discussed.

"Nini," Lisa's girlfriend opened her eyes slightly to stare into brown ones. As she noticed they were filled with a sense of worry and nervousness, she herself also got worried and nervous.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"I appreciate you being honest with me and everything that happened.. I understand where you were coming from and everything but I just don't get one thing.." Lisa furrowed her eyebrows. She continued as she saw Jennie's wondering stare.

"I don't understand why you would ask me to come over if she was there."

"Who? What are you on about, Lili?"

"I'm talking about the text, Jennie." Lisa was a bit confused because Jennie looked genuinely lost.

"What text?" Jennie was trying to recall her any kind of contact with Lisa since the incident with her dad.

"I haven't contacted you since..that day." At that Lisa pulled her phone out and showed Jennie the text. It was still there, exactly how Jennie had written it. The girl stared at it for a while before taking her own phone, showing her girlfriend that the text was nonexistent on her phone.

"Li...I didn't send that. I don't know how-"

"So wait," Lisa cut her off. "You didn't know I was here? At your house?"

"You were here?"Lisa's expression dropped, remembering seeing Jennie with another. She pointed at the curtain that was still a bit open.

"I was standing right there yesterday, seeing Chahee shoving her tongue down your throat." Her voice was weak and laced with disgust.

"Lisa, I'm so sorry you had to see that. I don't know...I couldn't have known.." Jennie bit her quivering lip at the thought of what might have been coursing through Lisa's mind at that time.

"And do you know what the worst part is?" Lisa asked rhetorically. "She fucking saw me see her...she knew I saw you and her. She and I had fucking eye contact." The girl was slowly turning angry again as the bad memories from the previous days resurfaced.

"Lisa..I think I might have know what happened." Jennie said after trying to put two and two together. "I might have told Chahee we were having some trouble."

"Why?" Lisa narrowed her eyes. How could Jennie trust that sly piece of-

"Well, she was really trying to be my friend and I thought she was being genuine." The feline eyed girl was ashamed at how naïve she had been. "She was here for a while and we talked and whatnot. But somehow she knew something was bothering me,"
Lisa fought back a small smile. Although her girlfriend had denied it being true multiple times, Jennie was not very good at hiding her feelings. If she was happy, sad or anything in between, it wasn't difficult to figure out. So it was no wonder how Chahee could have known something was up. But the blonde haired girl would never know her Jennie like Lisa did.

"She asked and I explained the things I was willing to share with her." Jennie went on. "She tried to comfort me, but I got a bit overwhelmed by the situation so I excused myself saying that I was going to change because it was 'cold' and escaped to my room. When I got back she sat there with this smirk that I couldn't explain. But I didn't think much of it."