Chapter 21 (END)

Here Jennie was again, back in class. As a senior this time. The summer didn't really go as she had planned. But as she looked at the concentrated brown eyed girl seated next to her, she realised she regretted not one second of it. It was an odd summer, but she would do it all over again if she got the chance to.

Jennie watched as Lisa noted down what the teacher said and she smiled. Lisa was really doing her best at school now and Jennie was very proud of her. Lisa was trying her best to turn her life around. She promised herself and Jennie not to smoke again, she was being tutored by Jennie herself, her relationship with her father was better than it had ever been and she had been in regular contact with her mother. Lisa was happy.

"I'd pay attention if I were you,"Lisa nudged Jennie with a smirk. "You can stare at me any other time."
Jennje chuckled as Lisa wiggled her eyebrows.

"That sounds great. How about this afternoon?" Jennie intertwined their fingers under the table. She was starting to wonder whether her heart would ever stop fluttering whenever she touched her girlfriend.

"Sure, but you know you've got to tutor me this afternoon, right?" Lisa laughed.

Jennie groaned, "oh yeah, I totally forgot about that." The bell rang, signalling lunch break. "It's alright though," Jennie shrugged. "As long as I get to be with you."

"That's right." Lisa smiled. She took her girlfriend's hand once more and pecked her on the cheek as they walked towards the door.

"Wait, Misa." Mr Stevenson, their history teacher, stopped them in their tracks. "May I speak to you for a second?" Lisa nodded and waited till the rest of the students left the room. Jennie wanted to give them a moment and meet the rest of their friends at their lunch table but Lisa stopped her by holding onto her tighter and smiling. Their teacher started speaking once more. "I just wanted to say that in contrast with last year, you've been doing very well in this class. A lot of your other teachers and I have seen your obvious growth and are very proud of you." He smiled.

Lisa smiled brighter. Right now, they were almost half way the year and she was incredibly proud of herself regarding the progress she had been making so far.

"But, like I said...your performances in this class are exceptional and I wanted to suggest you taking world history at a higher level. A college level, perhaps." The grey haired teacher recommended.

"You mean...AP World History?" Lisa's eyebrows rose. Did he seriously think she could handle that?

"Yes," The man adjusted his glasses. "Have you considered that, yet?"

"No, not really." Lisa said with a huge smile on her face. "But I definitely will now. Thank you so much, sir." She took her free hand to shake the teacher's.

"I'm not the one you should be thanking, Ms. Manoban." He said as he sat back down at his desk. "Now, go ahead and have your break." Lisa nodded and the two girls exited the room. Lisa immediately engulfed her girlfriend in a hug as they did.

"Thank you so much Nini," she kissed Jennie's forehead. "I couldn't have done this without you. I love you."

Jennie giggled. "I love you too, Lisa. But you've got nobody to thank but yourself." She pointed at Lisa's chest, with a goofy grin. "I'm very proud of you, babe." The smaller girl leaned in and kissed Lisa. "Now, let's go before Rosé and Nayeon think we've abandoned them."

When they sat down at their table, their friends were already discussing something. They didn't even notice the two sitting down. It was when Jennie coughed awkwardly, they looked up.

"Oh hey, it's Jenlisa." Rosé smiled. Lisa chuckled at their 'ship name' while Jennie blushed.

"Hey, Rosé. Hi, Nayeon." The brown eyed girl took a bite out of her sandwich as she asked, "What were you two on about?" Rosé looked at Nayeon pleadingly but the older girl disregarded her.