Chapter 17

Saturday

Lisa (11:34 a.m.): Nini, please pick up your phone..
Lisa (4:13 p.m.): Jennie, listen. I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm apologising because I'm not sorry for loving you. But just, we haven't spoken for three days, I'm sorry for saying it like that. I'm sorry for dropping it on you like that. I didn't plan to do it then and there, you know that right?
Lisa (6:45 p.m): Jennie, I understand if you can't say you love me back.. Just please talk to me.

Sunday

Lisa (9:54 am): Goodmorning, Jennie
Liaa (9:55 am): I love you.
Lisa (10:01 am): I'm not going to stop saying it. I don't regret it.
Lisa (8:32 pm): Jennie please talk to me this silence is killing me..

Monday

Lisa (5:37 pm): Nini, please?

Tuesday

Lisa (3:15 pm): I have something very important to tell you, please let me at least do that over the phone?

Thursday

Lisa (3:32 am): I contacted my mother Jennie. When I called she cried. She told me how much she had missed me and I believe she was being sincere. She said she wanted to meet up with me.. I talked to my siblings too. You were right, they didn't forget me. "How could we?" Chris told me, but how could they not?

Lisa (4:08 am): Jennie, please don't forget me.

Friday

Lisa (3:19 am): You're not even reading these are you? I don't understand.. I tell you how strongly I feel about you and you don't speak to me? I just don't get it. If you don't love me back, just say it.. That would hurt less.

Lisa (5:16 am): I understand if space is what you need. That's what I'll give you then. When you're ready, call. I will be waiting for you.
Lisa (5:00 pm): I won't stop waiting for you.

Lisa groaned and wiped away a tear. She put her phone down next to her, staring at it as she sat on the couch. The same position she had been in for the past week. She had been checking her phone every five minutes, in case Jennie called or texted. She hadn't left the house in that time either, in case Jennie decided to come over. Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't. Lisa just didn't know and that just killed her inside. She had thought of going over there a couple of times. But considering the last time she was there, maybe that wasn't such a great idea. She groaned and buried her head in her hands, a position she had found herself in often lately.

"She still hasn't called or texted?" Her father sat next to her on the couch. A supportive hand was laid on her back. She shook her head and felt the tears coming again. "Maybe she just needs time, Lisa. Love is a big deal."

Marco had been a great father for Lisa lately. At first she didn't believe he would be, but he was really doing his best and that alone was great and meant a lot to Lisa. It had been everything that she had been missing. Lisa thought about it for a while. Maybe Jennie really did need time. But how much time could she need? School was resuming in two weeks and it would be Lisa's second year of senior year since she didn't do very well the previous year. She would be inevitably seeing Jennie everyday so if Jennie wanted to contact her, she would have to do in within two weeks, right?

Lisa held onto that thought. It was the only thing she could hold onto at the moment. Yeah, Jennie needed a little bit of time, that's all. She smiled through the tears, hoping that was all.