⤜One▻

"She thought no one would love a broken girl...he just thought there were more pieces of her to love,"

The asset held a gun to the middle of a woman's head as she cowered before him holding her children firmly crying her last goodbyes. The asset listened to her cries as his eyes widened with regret and hate. He didn't want to do this anymore, he didn't want to hurt this woman and her children. 

He couldn't do anymore. 

So he didn't. 

He dropped the gun from her head and turned away from them. The woman sagged with relief before immediately hugging her children before the asset changed his mind. The asset sighed and looked down at the gun before walking away. 

They were going to hurt him for this. 

☆☆☆ 

The room was lit by dark blue lights and the man, the asset that sat in the middle of the room was handcuffed to the table. Scattered around the room were doctors and mostly guards who waiting patiently for their next instructions from their superior. Today he decided he didn't want to comply and kill his targets. Today, he wasn't going to be controlled by the machines they used on him so many times. 

He didn't want to. 

Not anymore. 

The cuffs on his hands rubbed into his wrists and blood ran down his face from the beatings he had received a few minutes before. The cuffs they had on him weren't going to last long, they all knew that. The man in the middle had an emotionless face but a smirk lingered on his lips as they cowered before him. 

The doctors around the room suddenly shifted and stood anxiously to attention as the superior entered the room. The superior wasn't a very tall man but he was old, weak, maybe in his sixties because his blonde hair was slowly greying and the skin on his face was creasing. This man was intimidating with a genuine face and even the asset knew not to mess around with the superior. The superior could manipulate him in ways no one else could. 

The doctor stepped closer to the superior once he sat down in front of the asset. The old man just studied him and his features looking a sign of weakness, of leverage. 

"Sir," the doctor said not hiding his fear, "the asset did not complete the mission. He refused," 

For decades the asset resisted the experiments and brainwashing. But then they finally broke him. When couldn't take anymore he finally gave up and complied. Then he became a pawn in their little game, forever being moved and ordered around. 

"Then wipe him again," the superior said blankly, "he can't resist forever," 

"We can't do that," the doctor said, "he's being sent out again soon and if we wipe him now he becomes a medical risk," 

The superior narrowed his eyes but smirked, "Well then it's a good thing we have The Black Swan as a backup then, huh?" 

The doctor almost gasped at the superior's words, "Sir, The Black Swan? Are you certain? It's just that The Black Swan is so much more work and she's dangerous,"

"I have another idea," the superior said with a cruel smile.

The doctor nodded quickly, "Yes I suppose we could try something else with her," 

The superior motioned to the guards who released the cuffs off the table dragging the asset out of the room. They walked for a while until the superior came to a halt in front of the door to his quarters. His room was very bland, only having 4 concrete walls and a bed. One of the guards flicked the switch and the room was brightened. In the corner sat a figure with her head leaning on the wall, tied tightly with chains so she could go nowhere. 

She looked the men in the eyes as the light flickered and then continued to stare into nothingness like they were never there. The girl's body had been beaten severely and she looked tired like she had been awake for days on end waiting for something or someone. 

The superior had a sly smirk on his lips before he spoke up, "Soldier, I need you to think back 7 years ago. You weren't in Siberia but still in Russia. You were stationed as a trainer for the Red Room Academy," 

The girl, she looked...

Familiar. 

The superior continued, "Do you recall training a young girl there? She was about thirteen at the time. They specifically requested you to train her," 

His eyes widened as he realized the girl he trained was sitting in front of him but now she would be 20 years old. 

"You should be honoured," the superior said, "I managed to convince the madame to let her join us. But the madame was reluctant to let her best agent go. Her most dangerous agent. But fortunately, I have that woman around my finger,"

This girl in front of him had something no one else did and HYDRA wanted her. 

"They called her The Black Swan," he said. 

The asset understood what he was being asked of. He would have to complete his missions or they would kill her and he knew the madame wouldn't be very pleased to hear that her best asset was dead because of him. 

"You will complete your mission and she will live to see another day. We wouldn't want the madame's wrath upon us because you refused to comply, " the superior said coldly as he walked away. 

"Take her back to the Red Room," 

His English was perfect, but it was weird to speak again. He was used to speaking Russian or nothing at all during a mission.

The superior stopped and turned to him, "No," 

"Take her back to the Red Room," the asset tried again, "I will complete the mission, then take her back," 

The man walked closer and glared into the soldier's eyes. 

"That's not what I have said,"

"I will do the mission and you will take her back," he said trying his best to intimidate the superior. 

The superior looked at him, the asset was so desperate to save her, "You will complete the mission and then I'll decide what happens next,"

The asset did not respond this time. He only looked at the girl in the cell that was slowly going insane, and then nodded his head at the superior. The lights were turned off and the room went dark as the soldier looked at the girl one last time.

In corner of the almost pitch-black room were two eyes. 

Two golden glowing eyes stared straight back at him. 

Meme of the chapter: