⤜Eleven▻

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭 & 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞

𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭

The soldier never let on that there was any romance between him and the girl. At least not in public. They only showed affection when they were in their shared quarters away from eyes and ears. When they were around the guards and doctors Aurora was allowed to be kind to the soldier but that was about it. However, Aurora became distant since she woke up one night shaking and screaming. It scared the soldier and the after-effects scared him more. She stopped talking and would only stare at the wall. There were many times where all he wanted to do was hold her but he resisted and watched his Aurora slowly slip away. 

Their lives continued as gory as it was before. 

They were allowed to continue sharing quarters but another bed was added so there would be no physical contact. Though, when one of them would wake up from a nightmare the other would climb into the same bed. The soldier hardly ever slept even if he was shattered. The thought that if he closed his eyes Aurora would be taken from him again. 

They trained in the cage during the day when there were no missions. The Winter Soldier moved carefully when he fought her, the slightest weakness would set her off. Every time he slipped up she would use it to her advantage and it was like she was another person. That's when he realized why. 

When Aurora refused to throw a punch at the soldier the guard stepped forward with a piece of paper. He began reading:

"Lebed'" Swan.

"T'ma," Darkness.

"Solnechnyy svet," Sunshine.

"Neuderzhim," Unstoppable.

"13," Thirteen.

"Metall," Metal.

"Privyazannost'" Affection.

Aurora's eyes shot up to the guard awaiting his command. The guard smiled while the soldier stared at him in shock, "Soldat?" Soldier?

"Ya gotov otvechet," she mumbled. Ready to comply.

"Zakonchit' rabotu," the guard instructed. Finish the job.

Aurora nodded and her fist smashed into the soldier face and he fell back. He was astonished at the amount of force she had to be able to knock him. But most of all he was shocked to realize what they had done to her. She was just like him now. 

The Red Room had once again broken her and made holes for HYDRA to crawl into. It crawled in and consumed what light was left inside her. Aurora was completely different on missions. The Aurora was kind, beautiful and gentle. The other Aurora had no humanity she was inhuman and didn't care who or how she hurt people. Then the other Aurora started to emerge more and the one they called The Black Swan

Had returned. 

It started as whispers down the halls of the facility, then,  as she killed the name began lingering in the air. People began to fear the woman in black with glowing eyes and cruel demeanour. She was as darker than any fairytale character - she wasn't even human. She was the demon that no one wanted to cross. 

That's when the Winter Soldier decided he'd had enough of this other  Aurora. He wanted his Aurora back and he knew how to do it. 

After they came back from the cage the soldier went to the small bathroom to wipe the blood she had drawn from his skin. He took off his sweat-soaked shirt while the Black Swan stood in the middle of the room. She felt lost again and she hated feeling lost.