⤜Twelve▻

Aurora was 24-years-old when she died and resurrected. 

They had been on a very simple mission. There were two targets with no bodyguards or traps set for The Winter Soldier and The Black Swan. They had split up many times before and promised they would find each other again at the meeting point. 

When they parted way that day Aurora held herself back from embracing him like always. She wanted him to be the last memory in case something went wrong. The soldier didn't look back at his lover as he stalked the hallway and up to the roof of the apartment. He was so worried about her all the time. He knew she could handle herself but what if something did happen and he never got to say goodbye. 

He adjusted and readjusted himself leaning down and looking through the scope of his sniper rifle. The tall couple stood and chattered amongst themselves totally oblivious to the two assassins. His face turned serious as he waited for her signal that never came. 

His brows furrowed as he looked up for his lover. She couldn't find her in the alleys where she was supposed to be. So, he stood up and went back to the point where he left her. 

He ran down the dark alley as his boots stomped on the ground. He continued to look for her until he came to a square area. In this area, Aurora and a large man were fighting. He had a long piece of metal while she had her powers. She looked tired and that was the first thing he noticed. 

They stopped for a moment to look at the new figure before resuming. The man flung his piece of metal the girl to which she easily dodged it. She kicked and punched but nothing seemed to work. 

Eventually, the large man pointed the metal at her stomach and grabbed her shoulder pushing the metal right through her. The soldier stared at the situation in horror and immediately took action. 

The soldier pulled his knife from the holster and began walking towards the man

The soldier pulled his knife from the holster and began walking towards the man. He dodged the soldiers swipes a few times before getting cut straight across the throat. Blood went up the walls and on the concrete as the killer dropped to the ground. 

Aurora stood in the corner looking down in horror at the piece of metal in her stomach. She hesitantly pulled it out and dropped it on the ground with a clang. Her soldier ran down to her and set her down in his arms. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't...I couldn't do it," she stuttered the words trying to breathe through the pain. 

He placed his hand to her stomach and looked into her eyes, "No, no, it's okay sweetheart you tried. It's going to be okay just save your energy," 

"I didn't think-" 

"Shh, just stop talking, right now we need to focus on this," he said pointing to her stomach, "just relax but don't close your eyes okay?" 

She nodded as he pressed harder to her stomach trying to stop the copious amount of blood. 

"I can't breathe, I've lost too much blood," she said in a hoarse voice. tears began to prick the back of her eyes as the heaviness got worse.