⤜Sixteen▻

"I felt so much that a started to feel nothing,"

A blue truck drives down the isolated road of New Jersey. The team of three sit quietly as they watch their surroundings go by. Aurora yawns as she leans her head against the window taking in as much scenery as she can. 

"Aura, don't fall asleep yet," Steve glances at the tired figure at the back. Aurora was very tired from rushing around everywhere. 

When Steve saw that Aurora had picked her head up from the window he gave her a small nod. Aurora has decided she likes the man nicknamed Captain America. Though he's really bossy he can be really gentle much like her soldier. She knows he doesn't fully trust her but he hasn't given her up yet so that's something. She wanted to protect her friends now which would make it dangerous for anyone who tried to attack them. 

Aurora rubs her head and continues to stare out the window. Natasha looks back at her best friend, she felt sorry for Aurora because she had never seen the outside world really. To Aurora, this was her every dream coming true. 

Natasha then thought of the soldier she follows. She thinks about the words Aurora spoke to Natasha in the interrogation room. 

My lover.

Natasha never thought Aurora would be able to love someone. She was brought up so much more brutally than Natasha that she almost had no emotions. Something must have changed when she was with HYDRA or he had changed her. Nonetheless, she was happy that Aurora loved the soldier even if it was completely dangerous. 

She also thought about Jean, Aurora's mother. Jean would be so thrilled to know that her daughter is still alive but would Aurora be thrilled to see her mother. The madame was a mother figure to Aurora which is not that great but that's how it went. Aurora might hate her mother for not looking for her. Natasha thought about Jean's abilities and how Aurora came from two mutants so she had extremely strong powers. Jean lost control of hers years ago and wondered if Aurora would too if something triggered her enough. 

The woman swallowed harshly thinking about the hell Aurora could raise. Aurora caught Natasha's glance and smiled at her. Natasha smiled back, though her thoughts still lingered before leaning her head back on the seat and putting her feet off. 

"Where did Captain America learn to steal a car?"

"Nazi, Germany," Steve replied keeping his eyes on the road, "and we're borrowing, take your feet off the dash," 

Natasha complies and puts her feet down, "Alright, I have a question for you. Which you don't have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it then you're kind of answering it," 

"What?" Steve stops her. 

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Natasha says with a smirk. 

Aurora smiles herself waiting for Steve's answer. He wasn't that bad at kissing but she was certain her soldier was better.