chapter one

Edit::: Tip- i didn't add this in the book because i forgot to but when it comes to your eye/button color in the book, please dont use black or any shade of black/gray because your buttons will be black and will change, don't use white or any shade of siver/white because imagine pure white eyes, creepy. Try to use natural colors or colors that would look good for real eyes, thank you

Your point of view

I watched as Mother sewed big black buttons onto the doll where the eyes are meant to be. This isn't the first time she's done it, she's been around for millions of years and i, right there by her side. She lives off of the 'eyes' of children, but actually its the fear they feel towards her that feeds her, the eyes and bodies are just a bonus mostly and it's only children she feeds from as adults aren't as vulnerable or stupid enough to believe that they have another family.

Mother did the final touch ups and sent the doll out of the window to her next victim. She then started forming the victims perfect world, meaning only family and friends, the food, drinks and apparently, this girl likes gardening so she formed a garden that looked just like her head.

Mother informed me of everything that i needed to know about this girl. She didn't have any siblings, but she has always wanted an older brother which gave us the upper hand, i only looked a year older than her.

As Mother started filling sacks with sand, i left her side and walked to the little door in the living area.

"I wonder what it's like on the other side" i whispered. If Mother knew i wanted to go there, even just to see, she'd send me back to the mirror. I wasn't made of sand like the others, i was a creature like she was but over the years I've sculpted my own unique person from pictures and seeing other victims, i then made myself look that way and I've used that look ever since, but sometimes i have to change into someone else because the victims might have sisters or brothers and so i have to look like them.

Sometimes they don't have siblingsis nor do they want any, thats when I'm put into the mirror so they don't find me, i always used to just stay in my bedroom but one day i tried sneaking around the house and they saw me, from then on, I've been put into the mirror.

I don't 'feed' on the children like mother does, i actually like human food, Mother only likes the taste of their fear, its like sweets to a child, thats why she continues to do so, she says someday I'll find my 'hunger' im not yet sure what that means.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Mother speaking from behind me "why are you always sitting in front of that door, Coraline will only arrive tonight" i stood up and looked at her. She was in her natural spider like form but started changing into a woman I've learned to be Coraline's mother.

"I don't know Mother, maybe it's just the excitement of having a new toy" i said with a small smile. She smiled and spoke in the womans voice "go make sure that cat stays out of the mouse's way tonight, we cant have a repeat of what happened with McKenzie now do we?" "No Mother"

She was talking about something that happened about five years ago. The cat isn't a normal cat, i don't really know what it is. Mother sent the mice out to get the girl here but that cat caught each one and killed them. The girl never came here and eventually they moved out. I was sent to the mirror for two full years because apparently it was my fault. The cat got older and it's hard for him to catch them now but he still tries and sometimes succeeds in catching some of them.

Nightfall eventually came. Mother and i stood by the small door. The door was open and she held a small mouse in her hand. She looked at it "bring her to me" and set it down. It ran through the strange looking tunnel and Mother closed the door. She walked away leaving me there. I looked at the door and sighed "good luck girl" i said quietly and walked away

...
Posted: 3 November 2020
Edited: 30 July 2021