i don't have time for your mikaelson drama - chapter 3 part 1

Inside Astrid's head.

It was a brisk autumn day in the village where Klaus and Astrid resided. Ever since they were children, Nik's mother Esther knew that they were destined to be married. The boy chased the girl around the forest, laughter erupting from their chests as Astrid kept up her pace because for once, summer was on it's way which in truth was a favourite for both the Mikaelson boy and the Malraux girl.

Astrid never would of argued her situation was as dire as her other half's, though tensions had been running high at this point between Astrid and her mother Rosaline since the wolf girl's relationship with the witch boy had become a little less obviously platonic - something about getting too involved with the wrong crowd.

"You'll never catch me Nik!" The girl sounded happy, a childlike naive type of happy. Mikael, Niklaus's 'father' never understood why his 'son' was so infatuated with the werewolves or Astrid but he would never see something in the same light as Esther. Klaus's eyes glimmered at the sight of her. Her hair could never be tamed by braids -  as Rebekah has insisted earlier the day before - and it flowed behind her gracefully.

"I wouldn't underestimate me, Astrid!" Klaus was out of breath but still managed to crack a smile as she turned around to face him, still managing to run. "And why's that, Mikaelson?" She gleamed at him, walking backward as if to provoke him to try and grab her, only to burst into giggles and sprint off again, "You're never going to catch me!" She called out again, stopping for breath and hiding behind a nearby tree. Klaus paused in his tracks looking positively giddy with love. "You should never underestimate me because.." he acted as if he had no idea where she was, before moving slowly over to the tree she was behind and sneaking up behind her. He grabbed her by the waist and spun her round to face him, her face suddenly reddening at the close contact. He took a moment to admire his future wife before holding her face with one of his hands.

"I will always find you again"

They had already kissed before, but that was when they were eleven. This one felt different, full of genuine love. They pulled away and Astrid managed to pull hair over her blushing cheeks and turn away before Klaus pulled her back and pushed the hair away, kissing her forehead.

"I think you know what feelings I hold towards you" Klaus looked down at her as she replied.

"As you know mine"

The Attic.

Astrid pulled away from Davina, expecting a different reaction but Davina began to laugh.

"You were in love!" She stood up from her chair as she giggled. Astrid put her chair back too before bumping her shoulder and replying 'Yeah yeah you shut it! Marcel's never seen that so don't you dare tell him!' She winked as Davina nodded her head, a grin from ear to ear still evident.

"Love, I hate to leave you behind but you're sixteen and this girl needs a drink. Plus I have a certain bartender I need to visit" Astrid brought 'D' in for a hug. "I love you, D.. don't you forget it" she wiggled a finger in the young witches face with a raised eyebrow.

"How could I? I love you too"

And with that, Astrid walked back down the stairs to see Father Kieran still dusting around. He rolled her eyes and smiled at her presence, realising that the hybrid intended to check up on Davina instead of ask her for a favour and Astrid returned the grin.

"Yeah yeah, fuck you too" she flipped him the bird and sauntered out of there.

Rosseau's.

"Cami."

Astrid slid in to a barstool as she grinned at the bartender and Camille almost looked relieved to see her, pottering over to the hybrid girl with a bright grin "And where have you been all day?"