the devil child and big auggie's bayou bar - chapter 5

Astrid awoke with a start to find herself on the sofa in the plantation living room. She rubbed her head squinting as she came round. Sitting up slowly she took in her surroundings before looking down and realising she was still in last nights leather jacket and white t-shirt combination. 'Ah shit' she mumbled before Rebekah busted into the room, followed shortly by Nik who had Sophie Deveraux by the arm.

Klaus threw her down on the chair next to Astrid and she jumped, eyes still squinting as she looked at Nik.

She couldn't help but recall last nights events.

Flashback.

'But what you will not do, Niklaus Mikaelson is touch that bloody girl! She is off limits! Am I understood?' Astrid ranted as Nik had sat down at the piano's seat, looking up at her.

Flashback ended.

'We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches' Nik barked at Sophie. Astrid rolled her eyes at this as sat back, Rebekah spotting her and smiling and the girls morning mood.

'I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die.' Sophie seemed to be desperate in her plea before she looked over at Astrid.

'Astrid?' She questioned. 'Why aren't you with Marcel?'

'I think there's more important matters to be discussed right now love' Astrid stood up and poured herself a drink. Hayley walked into the room and raised an eyebrow. 'What? Helps with the urges' she winked as her eyes flashed gold. Nik and Hayley laughed before Astrid sat back down and Rebekah asked 'Then who were they?'

'They are a faction of extremists' Astrid began and Sophie wondered how she knew but finished off her sentence anyway.

'Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby'

'What kind of vision?' Klaus sat down next to Astrid and placed a hand on her thigh again. Sophie realising this and also raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

'She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one.'

'Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?' Klaus ushered Sophie to get to the point. She took the hint and finished. 'Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches'

'Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second.' Nik spoke and Astrid laughed, looking down before looking back up at Sophie. 'Ah god, it's an offended Deveraux. Those are never good to have on your hands' Astrid laughed to herself again and Nik found it equally as funny.

'Sophie, look, me and Astrid here promised Elijah that we would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?' Rebekah asked, bored.

'Elijah's talking to Davina?' Sophie looked bewildered at her question.

'Yeah. As we speak, I imagine'

'I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd' Sophie muttered and Astrid replied, 'You're damn right she does'

Nik looked between the two before speaking 'Do tell'

'I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches' she begun and Astrid scoffed, 'I'll say'.

Astrid stood up before carrying on, 'I do apologise on bailing early but I have places to be.. I'd announce where but..' she trailed off and looked at Sophie. '.. you know'