the modern day casket girl - chapter 11 part 1

Davina Clare had been at Cami's apartment all night - leaving Marcel, Astrid and Klaus none of the wiser. Hayley had revealed what Astrid had tried to, that the witch elders were all dead. With the death of Agnes, it had become impossible for the witches to complete this Harvest and therefore Davina could've gone free ages ago.

Upon opening the door, Camille O'Connell had forgotten who the young girl was. This was when Davina had made the discovery that Klaus had been compelling her this whole time and proceeded to break it. Josh had joined them at some point.

'Oh god, it hurts!' Cami's cries filled the room and Josh winced. 'I'm sorry, Cami. It's the only way to break Klaus' compulsion.' Davina sympathetically tried to yell over the mess, the young girl had seen so much yet her morals never wavered, it's what Astrid admired so much about her.

'Believe me, I know what it's like. You're okay. And hey-- all these notes that you made? It's very momento of you. Nice work.' Joshua had a special kind of sympathy for the human, haven had his compulsion that was set on him by Klaus undone.

'We've been at this all night. I don't understand what's happening to me, I don't understand any of this--'

'But you will. I will unlock every stolen memory, undo every piece of mind control that any vampire has ever done to you. When I'm done, you will understand all of it, and you'll be free. I can stop, if you want me to.' Davina asked her.

'No, don't stop. I want to remember everything.'

Mikaelson Compound.

Astrid stood outside the dressing room that she and Marcel had been fitted in the day of the Masquerade Ball and listened in to Elijah and Hayley's conversation.

'You know... if you wanted the attend the festivities tonight, I would be more than willing to take you.'

Astrid giggled like an excited teenager at this, almost happy to see Elijah so obviously in love despite everything. 'Hmm... you and Klaus are barely on speaking terms. Let's not rock the boat, okay?'

'Of course'

Astrid turned to walk away as she heard Elijah begin to walk to the door but Hayley stopped him, 'Elijah, do you mind?'

Astrid raised her eyebrows as she heard a dress zipper. Elijah came to the door again and spotted Astrid before it was too late.

'You were listening?' He couldn't help but smile at her mischievous glare as she replied, 'I'll admit it's nice to hear you so smitten, 'Lijah'

'Now Astrid, I've already spoken to Niklaus. But I owe you an apology even more. The night of the fire, I could've sworn blind that I saw you dead. It broke my heart and I saw red so I took my siblings and I ran'

' 'Lijah you don't always have to be the noble brother' Astrid hummed as she patted his grey suit, 'If one big bad hybrid can forgive you, then I'm sure the other could try' she smiled as he returned it.

'Well aren't you two adorable' Nik had paced around the compound in order to find Astrid, a mixed emotion struck across his face that he tried to hide but both of them saw through it straight away. 'What's wrong, brother?' Elijah froze in worry.

'It seems Davina is missing'

The adrenaline that shot through Astrid sent her running through the compound and out of the gates into the streets, automatically engulfed with all manner of 'casket girls' style clothing and decorations as her heart had sped up in search for Sophie Deveraux.

As she ran down the street, ducking and weaving through the crowds, she spotted Rebekah and Marcel having words next to a rack of costumes, Rebekah looking considerably frustrated. 'Rebekah! Marcel!' She waved her hands over the crowd and Rebekah pulled her through, 'What's going on, you look like you've seen a ghost' Rebekah was worried beyond measure.