snake in the grass - chapter 29

The Mikaelson Compound.

An unconscious Hayley Marshall was carried into the Compound by Klaus and Elijah as Astrid followed swiftly behind keeping a firm grip on Genevieve's arm and her eyes never leaving the pregnant wolf.

The brothers laid the girl on the table and Astrid had ran over, listening for a pulse and taking her heels off. 'I can help!' Genevieve volunteered herself but the noble brother wasn't having it, 'Don't you touch her!'

'Elijah she was a nurse!'

Klaus agreed with his wife, 'Let it be, brother'

'There's a spell I can do. Astrid , get chamomile from the pantry. She's trembling. Your jacket, Elijah.' Genevieve began to give her orders out.

'Nik, get the chamomile' Astrid wouldn't budge from Hayley's side. The red headed witch and Hybrid king looked at Astrid for a moment before Nik ran off.

'She's not breathing, I can hear the baby's heartbeat, but not hers.'

Astrid had hold of Hayley's wrist and sat waiting for a heartbeat with tears in her eyes, 'Come on, love. Come back to me. Please.' She whispered and Genevieve was perplexed by Astrid's state, looking at the hybrid confused.

'She's going to be okay, Astrid. She'll survive'

'We've had our differences you and I' Astrid looked up through her tears, 'Just please help her.'

Hayley had already awoken on the other side, facing her baby's grandfather.

Coeur blessé, battre avec mwen. Coeur blessé, battre avec mwen.

Genevieve mumbled in Creole as she pressed a bundle of chamomile to Hayley's head. Klaus had grown just as scared as Astrid at this point, his entire body shaking as he bit into his wrist and brought it to Hayley's lips but it just trickled down the sides of her mouth. This triggered Astrid to start full on crying.

'Come on!'

Hearing Klaus panic made Astrid cry more as the brothers looked at each other with indistinguishable fear.

'She's still not breathing. It's not working!' Elijah uncharacteristically threw a table at a nearby brick wall and Astrid screamed at him, 'Elijah stop it!'

On the other side, Mikael had Hayley in a chokehold and she screamed as he muttered in her ear 'The deathless vermin, fancying himself a daddy?'

Coeur blessé, battre avec mwen.

Genevieve kept mumbling on Creole and Elijah went to pick up Hayley, 'I'm taking her to a real doctor.'

'If you move her from here, my spell will break. There won't be enough time to get her to a hospital.'

Astrid had already taken a protective stance over Hayley's body and eyed Elijah.

'Will the baby survive if delivered now? I'll rip it out of her myself!' Klaus lunged for Hayley but Astrid grabbed him and pushed him off, 'So help me Nik.'

'Hayley will bleed to death!' Genevieve protested along with Astrid which was a rare occurrence and Klaus persisted, 'I won't lose that baby.'

Elijah helped Astrid out and stood in front of the women entirely. 'I won't lose either of them.'

'... battre avec mwen. Coeur blessé, battre avec mwen.'

What Genevieve didn't realise was that Astrid had a hold of Hayley when she saw the vision of Monique and the voodoo doll. The hybrid looked round in complete surprise at Genevieve, debating her next move. The red head looked back at her in realisation before acting as if nothing happened.