the maternal gene - chapter 11 part 2

Josh's phone rang after he had a scary conversation with Nik, being still stranded at her apartment. 'Josh?' The young vampire breathed a sigh of relief, for answering a unknown number meant risking talking to Klaus again. 'Josh? Please tell me Davina is with you?'

'Well are you with anybody?'

Astrid huffed as she kept an eye out for the group she abandoned before pressing her back up against the alleyway, 'No I'm not.'

'Right well, You're still Klaus's wife. And I'm pretty sure your husband would skin me alive right now so sorry'

'Josh my husband has nothing to do with this. And I swear to you, so help me God if you don't tell me where that girl is, my husband will be the least of your problems' Astrid threatened him, eyes low as she kept looking around. Eventually the group dispersed and she relaxed, her blue jeans creasing and she leant against the wall. 'She's with Cami'

'And what the bloody hell is Cami doing involved in this?!'

'I have no idea. Today has been a blur Astrid just please don't skin me'

'I'm not going to skin you. If you see Davina just tell her that she can trust me please.'

She hung up and run her hands through her hair, she loved Klaus with all her heart but she knew that a rematch with them two wouldn't end well. Squinting her eyes, she saw Klaus approach Davina's friend Timothy. She stood still for a moment and collected herself before realising that if Cami would go anywhere, it would be to her Uncle.

St Anne's Church

'We should keep moving. How long do we have to wait?' The young witch looked petrified as the pair ducked into the church. 'Give it a few minutes, then I'll check to see if the coast is clear.'

Cami's phone vibrated and she took it out of her pocket to see that it's Josh. 'Josh, sorry I missed your calls... What?' Cami's eyes widened as the vampire informed her of the plan Klaus had for Davina.

'Astrid's probably on her way to the church by the way.'

'And look, I didn't want to tell you, but I know Klaus. If Davina doesn't show up, he'll kill Tim.'

'We'll think of something. Make your way to the Quarter. Stay hidden. We'll text you when we have a plan'

The human hung up the phone and Davina began to panic, 'I have to go.'

'Davina, wait.'

'I can't let Tim die'

She shouted at Cami before another wave of dizziness came over her, 'The witches', she mumbled breathlessly before Sabine and three others busted down the church doors and began an incantation under their breath.

Cami got knocked back by the spell, hitting her head on the church stairs and knocking out cold. 'No!' Davina's voice carried with her spell as she raised the witches into the air before snapping their necks with a flick of her wrist.

'Davina?' Astrid peaked around the door and  ran through the church when she saw Davina next to Cami's unconscious body. 'Stay back!' Davina shouted at Astrid after turning around. 'Davina listen..'

'Were you ever gonna tell me?'

'I promise you.. and I swear on anything. I didn't even know that you didn't know baby, I'm so sorry'

'Do you swear it?'

Astrid got on her knees and rose her hands in surrender, 'D I swear to you, I'm not Marcel, you know that. I'd do anything just to see you safe' The two women made eye contact at this point before Davina's eyes welled up and Astrid took that as a que to hug her. The young witches arms wrapped around her, 'I'm so scared, Astrid. He lied to me'