the hybrid wife and the pregnant werewolf - chapter 4 part 1

Astrid Mikaelson sat on a black leather sofa in 'The Pit' with a newfound acceptance of her status. She was no longer 'Astrid. M', Nik's return had brought everything back.

Downing what must have been a fifth rum of the day, she chattered along with her crew, the rest of them blissfully unaware of her argument with Marcel the night before. 'You know what, Astrid.. come talk to me when you stop wearing those dumbass outdated trenchcoats' Felicia threw her head back and laughed, spilling her drink in the process.

'Aha! Karma bitch!' Astrid shot back

'Hey now, never come between Astrid and her trenchcoats Felicia!' Theo cut in, 'She has a deep emotional attachment to them' he mocked.

For a man of Theo's size, the motion was extremely hilarious to the two trigger happy tipsy girls sitting opposite and beside him. 'You know I remember being so happy when I tried my first one on. It's a stupid obsession but you've gotta admit-' she drunkingly stood up and grasped the corners, posing comedically before bowing.

'I do look good!' She spun around, entirely content and bubbly for the first time this week, but her spin wasn't successful - the back of her leg got caught as she fell back onto the sofa with a thud and cheering erupted from the bar.

'Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week!'

Everyone cheered again and she could've sworn she heard a distant male nightwalker mumble 'Thank god for that'.

Astrid rested her head on the back of the sofa and shut her eyes, legs crossed and arms sprawled out with a geeky smile on her face as the chatter died down. Rebekah Mikaelson strutted into the bar and shimmied her fingers at Astrid who smirked and waved back, 'You and me both!' She replied to Diego's moaning about Klaus and him not being able to wait until "his ancient ass is outta here".

Wanting to be involved, Astrid lifted herself off the sofa and sauntered over to the pair.

'Well well what's all this about folks?'

'Well hello Astrid, you beauty. I was just questioning your friend Diego here about Marcel's new female entanglements'

'Love, you saw him with Cami'

'That's what I told her' Diego spoke, fed up with the drama. 'But she's convinced there's someone else.' Astrid's brow furrowed for a moment before a lightbulb went off and she looked at Rebekah, debating what she thought. 'I believe I can help you with that' she pulled Bekah by the arm and out onto the street after waving Diego goodbye.

When they reached outside, Astrid began. 'You mean Little D don't you? Davina? The all powerful harvest witch?' She questioned smiling when Rebekah seemed to relax.

'She has Elijah'

'Oh yeah, I'm aware' Astrid replied nonchalantly.

'And you didn't think to bloody tell me?!' Rebekah grabbed Astrid as Astrid shook her off. 'Hey hey, don't ruin the trenchcoat! And don't start with me. When I found out about Elijah, I was still Marcel's right hand lady and was forced to swear blind that I wouldn't spill. Plus Beks let's be real, he left me with your father, hanging from a wooden cross with a stake in stomach in a massive theatre that was burning down. I can't tell you it wasn't satisfying.'

Bekah knew she couldn't argue but questioned the Marcel related comment.

'And you aren't his' she mimicked speech marks with her hands as the women began to walk to Bekah's car, 'right hand lady anymore?'

'Long story Beks. Let's just say I reminded him of the fury that stands proud behind that M that he decides to stamp everywhere. And that it doesn't stand for Marcel, if you know what I mean'