the nexus vorti - chapter 33

Davina took an opportunity whilst the Compound was left bare. She stood in Klaus's study, eyeing Mikael's spirit suspiciously.

'It says I need to channel power from a nexus vorti?'

Mikael stood in a black suit as he spoke, 'Ah, yes. My wife, Esther, always did love to dress things up a bit. It's fancy witch-speak. A nexus vorti-- a rare occurrence. Something so infrequent, it's almost a miracle. Like, an astrological event. Or...' He trailed off. Mikael wanted to use every opportunity he could to kill the Original family, he thought he could take advantage of the little witch.

'...A miracle baby.'

The Vampire who hunted Vampires smiled maniacally, 'Voilà'

Lafayette Cemetery- Altar

Nouvelle vie, nouvelle âme, mélange avec nous.

Genevieve lifted the Mikaelson baby into the air as the witches began to chant, not realising that Klaus, Astrid and Elijah had begun to close in on them.

Astrid had realised that they could break through the illusion by breaking the graves and so they did, each mystical mausoleum falling apart with a singular punch. 'We've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time.' Elijah stayed frustrated and Astrid tried avoiding him at every chance she could, trying to take a grasp of herself - flinching when the elder brother punched through a wall.

'Then we move faster.' Klaus replied as the brothers stood behind her. The hybrid husband  drew a third marking with chalk on the wall to mark how many times they passed it when a familiar voice called out from behind the trio, Astrid's heart dropping through her stomach in shock as her head flipped round.

'Or smarter.'

Hayley Marshall stood in the opening of the tomb, in shock and looking drained. Astrid's eyes widened as Elijah stepped forward to the resurrected wolf.

'Hayley.'

Astrid rushed over to her, 'How are you here?'

'I woke up in the church. I felt this hunger... I knew what I needed. I can feel her. She's here. I can feel my baby.'

Nik realised what happened quickly, 'You died with the baby's blood still in your system.' He turned to his wife, 'She's in transition.'

'Which means she has to drink the blood of the child if she is to survive.' Elijah looked absolutely horrified and Klaus finally processed, 'To be reborn a hybrid'

'I don't care about me. I'm gonna go find our daughter.' Hayley looked between Astrid and Klaus before stalking off in the other direction, Astrid joining her side and the Mikaelson brothers following closely behind.

Meanwhile at the Mikaelson Compound.

De la cendre à l'os, de la chair à la vie! From ash to bone, from bone to flesh, from flesh to life!

Davina fell to the floor unconscious as Mikael finally felt the wooden floorboards beneath him, he steadied himself before smiling. He took a deep breath of air and stretched out, knowing that he'd been brought back.

Lafayette Cemetery.

Nouvelle vie, nouvelle âme, mélange avec nous.

The three witches stood over the child. Genevieve held the knife above the babies head as Hayley guided the three other immortals through the maze of graves. Astrid stayed by Hayley's side the whole time and Klaus kept a watchful eye on the two, Elijah was blinded by his rage as he paced behind Astrid. They turned a corner and Astrid's eyes flared gold as Hayley shrieked.