Chapter 31

I’m hiding I’ve built a house under the ground. The press find out about me being a vampire, stuff keeps going in the newspapers and I see the lads a lot on TV where they have to talk about me and this situation, not that they do talk. They just stare, I think they think I’m gone somewhere else.. But I’m close to them. I’m still in Liverpool. I’m under the bridge. I made there a house. No sun will be ever there. I’m safe. Just. Safe.

I put the telly on and see the lads on the screen. “George is ill.” Ringo says when the press asked him about where I am.

My eyes fall on Paul who wipes a tear, he blames himself. I can read it.

I put the telly off and roll up into a ball. Blaming what I’ve done. I changed their lives. I realise John wasn’t with Ringo and Paul and I cry. He might have died.. or he’s just too weak.

The floor is cold and made out of stones and sand in my little hidden house. It’s like a house made in 1500… I’m not a good builder.. I’m worthless. I’m old. Still young. I drink myself mixed up with water to keep as long as possible going without to kill someone. Of course. I could kill myself. Of course I can drink myself to death. It might be the only way how I can die.

The door switches wide open.

I look at the door and my eyes burn from the sunlight. I see a silhouette of a woman. “George?” She says. I remember that voice. It’s the voice of the girl months ago.

“How did you know I would be here…?” I say hiding my eyes from the sunlight.

She walks in and closes the door. “I could smell you.. I’m sorry. It’s my fault you’re like this.” She says.

I don’t reply. I’m quiet. I don’t know what to even say. What can I say? Nothing would be the best and easiest thing what I can do.

Her footsteps come near me and a warm hand rests on my shoulder. “You’re cold..” she says. She sits on her knees and pulls me up a little. I look at her and try to read her eyes, they’re caring and guilty. She puts her  coat over me.

I don’t smell her blood. Why can’t I smell it? I need to… shouldn’t I..

“You’re wondering..” she says.

I nod slowly, I don’t dare to trust her yet there is some peace with her that makes me trust her.

“What do you wonder?” she asks caring.

“I don’t smell your blood…” I whisper quiet.

She opens her mouth and shows her tall fangs.

I feel confused. What’s going on, is she like me.. but how could she be so warm.. more questions run into my thoughts. “How..?” I whisper.

“My brother..” she replies.

“What did he do..?” I ask quiet, I stopped my plan about not talking.

She starts crying.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to hug her. I can’t trust her.. but.. she needs comfort. How do I solve this.

She stands up and walks to the door.

“Wait..” I say with a normal sound.

She turns around and looks at me. She’s still crying.

I can’t bring the words out of my mouth.

She waits after seconds she walks away and I let her go.