5: See You Again ✔︎

HER FRIENDS

    TWO DAYS pass before anything really happens

    TWO DAYS pass before anything really happens. Eddie will come visit me and Wanda from time to time, I still get fed a meal a day of nutrition, train for a very long period of time, go back to the cell and sometimes sleep at night, or won't.

    Five days. Five days of Wanda being here. And five days it took for Wanda's friends to come save her.

    We were currently sitting on the ground right by the bars that separate us playing a finger game she showed me, Sticks is what it's called, when the alarms started going off.

    I stand at attention immediately. Searching any sign of anything out of the ordinary. All the prisoners now standing. Some cheering, some yelling like the maniacs they are.

    Me? I freeze. I don't know why, but I do. Is this Wanda's friends she was talking about? Have they come to 'save' her? Are they going to save me? Do I even want to be saved? Deserve to be saved? All these questions making me slowly turn to Wanda, who has a growing smile on her face.

    Heavy footsteps jog through the doorway that leads to the hallway. We all turn to look who it is. Captain freaking America. The guy I was meant to assassinate.

    He looks around at all the cells, skimming through everyone inside them. His eyes land on Wanda. He lets go of a breath he was holding, his shoulders sagging.

    He strides to the bars with a purpose. He grabs the door, yanking it open. I slowly creep into the corner of darkness.

    He pulls Wanda into a tight hug, her returning the gesture happily. He crushes the cuffs on her wrists. Her eyes suddenly glowing red.

    She has superpowers. She is an enhanced. So that's why HYDRA has her. She looks over at me, tilting her head. I smile in confirmation.

    I want out.

    That sentence alone makes serotonin flow through me. I want out! I smile brightly as a new side takes over me, a lighter side.

    The Captain looks over at me. His eyes widen in recognition. "Wanda, get back!" He presses his finger to his ear, where I'm guessing a communication device lays. "Guys I have eyes on ShadowHunter. I'm going to engage."

    With that he walks over to me to land a punch. Fear installing itself in me. I am Vera. I don't want to be ShadowHunter anymore. I go to tell him that but Wanda beats me to it.

    "Steve!" Oh so that's his name. "Stop! It's not her! That's Vera! She was brainwashed into the ShadowHunter! Just like Barnes!" He pauses in his pursuit.

    He looks into my eyes. All he sees in them is fear and sadness. A broken soul. One that needs love and nurturing. God, that sounds dramatic.

    "You guys copy that?" He asks to the people on the other line. Murmuring was heard before he asks, "kid, do you want to come with us?"