31: Returning ✔︎

UNEXPECTED EXPECTATIONS

        I AWAKE bright and early the next morning, sitting where I do every night I sleep

    I AWAKE bright and early the next morning, sitting where I do every night I sleep. In front of the door, with a pistol in my hand.

Things come back to me as I wake up. Today is the day of the war. The team still doesn't know about it, besides Sebastian.

    I jump out of the bed, dressing quickly. I don't know the time of the attack, just that it is today. But, I want to be prepared.

I lodge a knife in the holster on my thigh, putting as many weapons I can on me that can go undetected.

A soft knock brings my attention to it. I grab the pistol on the nightstand and hold it up to the possible intruder.

Thor and Clint bounce into the room, both with cheshire-sized grins on their faces.

    "What did you two do?" I question their sanity, as they bounce around like little girls. I set the firearm back on the table.

    "We wanted Stark and Steve to have a new look, so we gave them one while they were sleeping." They exclaim, finishing each other's sentences.

    "What exactly did you guys do?!"

    They both stay silent for a couple seconds, I just sigh and leave the room. Both of them trail behind me like lost puppies.

I walk into the kitchen, laughing extremely loud at the two men with pink colored facial and head hair.

"You guys look absolutely absurd!" I exclaim, pointing a finger at them. Stark flicks me off, as Rogers glares at me.

Only a certain few are up, the ones that are, are slowly waking up.

"Shut up, who did this?!" Stark shouts. Romanoff shushes him, coming to stand beside me and Barnes.

Right on cue, Barton and Thor start to giggle childishly. I roll my eyes at their obviousness. They couldn't be more obvious, could they?

"I'm going to kill you! Is there a way to get this stuff out?"

"Just washes out." Barton instructs, relaxing from his tense stance. The Captain and Stark sigh in relief, on their way to rinse the coloring out.

Hours pass by of us just laying around.

It strikes two o'clock in the afternoon, when a loud boom from outside makes the room become alert.

Finally.

The team rushes outside, while I go change into my battle suit, strapping an alarming amount of weapons on me.

I run as fast as I can outside, not wanting to miss anything interesting.