10: Godforsaken Place ✔︎

VISIT TO OLD FRIENDS

    "THAT KID that said goodbye to you, you called him Edwin right? Well I was thinking you could go pay him a visit?" Tony says out of the blue, the next day

"It's Edward, but are you serious? Yes, I would love to! Thanks, Uncle Tones!" I yell, as I skip to my room to get dressed for the prisoner visit.

My attire now consists of black leggings, an oversized white hoodie with the Avengers symbol on it. Tennis shoes join the outfit. To top it off I add a caramel-colored beanie to the top of my head. It being February, in upstate New York, where the facility is located, it gets cold.

I jog down the stairs, skipping three at a time.

"Slow down please, you're going to trip and fall." Vision makes a point. Him and Wanda are okay now. It gets awkward at some points, but when Wanda explained why she did what she did, he understood.

"But Uncle Vis! I'm going to see my best friend! Who I haven't seen in like... how long have I been here?"

"A little over a week," Wanda answers from the couch.

"Wow. It hasn't been that long, but it feels like forever!"

"You're making progress, I'm proud of you." My dad speaks up from his spot in the living room, leaning against a table.

"Thanks Papa," I mutter, embarrassed. But I am grateful. Grateful to know I am making someone proud.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Tony shouts, walking down the stairs. So you're probably confused with the layout of the house. The living room, dining, and kitchen are all on the second floor, the first is where the agents stay and do their work. The next floor up, the third floor is where the bedrooms are. The top floor is where all the extra, fun rooms are.

I used an elevator for the first time. I was so freaked out. Not being able to use them in HYDRA, and on missions with them in the building I had to take the stairs. Even if my mission was on the 30th floor. I don't really know why.

"Are we all going?" I ask as we make our way to the garage.

"Not all, the Furious Four is and Wanda. Vision and Clint are staying here. Clint is going home in the next few days." I laugh at Uncle T's way of explaining Nat, Buck, Stevie, and Sam.

"Why are we they Furious Four?"

"Because every time you walk in a room, you all have a hard look on your faces. Learn to lighten up. I'm going to have to make the kid join your group," Tony jokes.

"You want to ride with me kid? Your dad is taking his motorcycle, and the other three are in one of Tony's cars." Steve states.

I look over at my dad for permission. He sighs, but nods.