28: One Week Left ✔︎

SUSPICIONS

    Two weeks pass by of me playing Vera Barnes, when really I am the ShadowHunter

    People have began to become even more suspicious, but I quickly devoid it, telling them only excuses and lies.

    Recruitments have started to come in. Hawkeye and Ant-Man being the first two. Stark sent out signals to the others. Dr. Stephen Strange shows up and that was a big surprise to everyone.

    T'Challa was the next to show up, with his companions. The armies of his are coming at a later time, Shuri and Okoye are the only ones here now.

    Carol Danvers somehow received word about the Hellhounds attack, and wanting to be apart of it, came.

    The Guardians of the Galaxy are an interesting bunch. They are filled with foolishness and snide remarks.

    Valkaryie was asked to come in from Thor, her being a buddy of his. He thought it best not to involve his brother until later in the times. Bummer, I've heard great evil he has done for HYRDA.

    It was exactly one week from the supposed war.

    Energy buzzed in the Avengers facility, many anxious. Most of the members were in the living room, lounging around. Yeah, anxious and lounging, nonsense is the only thing that makes sense. If I were them I would train and prepare, but that's not what Vera Barnes would do.

    "Ms. Barnes, I have heard of your condition. I have helped your father in the past with his, I might be able to help you also." Shuri's accented voice asks from a few spots down on the couch.

    "The help being?"

    "Getting the ShadowHunter out of your head." She states, saying it in a way as if it were to be obvious.

    My breath hitches. Vera would want me gone. I don't want that. Shoot, I'm confused. Make up a lie!

    "That won't be necessary." I say as calmly as I can.

    "Why is that?" Doctor Strange asks confused. This dude, even if I am not Vera and don't have the slightest care, doesn't have the right to question this.

    I pause in hesitation before I respond. "Because of the recovery time I will need, and will not have with the war a week away." I firmly come up with.

    "That won't be a problem." Princess Shuri insists.

    "Thank you, but I'm going to wait til after the war." I won't be in this place after the war. I will be in the rightful grasp of HYDRA, where I belong.

    "If you insist," she gives up, returning to a conversation with her brother.

I sigh in relief at her forfeit, leaning back a little in my seat. I see Bucky and Nat giving me suspicious glances. They know something is up with me, with Vera.