19: Hanging Around ✔︎

NEED

WHEN THE last agent was taken down, my dad races to me, giving me the biggest hug. I sigh relievingly into the gesture. I'm home. He is my home. My father.

"Bucharest? Really? Out of all places, 'hey, I have no memory, I'm going to go to Bucharest'."

"Tony, take it easy on her." I give Uncle Steve a smile of appreciation.

"So, you remember everything now, right? I don't want you to karate me to death, wouldn't be good on the résumé." Sammy knocks on my head.

"If you keep saying things like that, I will. And I will be fully conscious," I threaten in a joking matter.

"That's my girl," my dad praises. Sam looks at us in panic and bewilderment.

"They're not serious, right? You guys aren't serious?" Sam tries to get reassurance. None comes, and me and my dad just shrug. Just shrug.

    "Sometimes I doubt your Bucks' kid, then you talk like that and I am reassured." Stevie jokes.

    "But, you keep us around." I remind the veteran.

    "Yeah, and I have no idea why he does. I mean, have you met you guys?"

"I'm going to punch you," Bucky warns as he chases Sam back to the quinjet.

"You scared us, you know? You matter to us all. You are part of this team now."

"I'm sorry, Nat. I just wasn't in the right mind. You wouldn't be too, right? Having no memory or recollection of who you are nor the people around you."

"You're right. We'll have to talk to someone about getting you to therapy or something," Nat finalizes before walking off.

I cower at the thought. No thanks. We make it to the ship and load on. I yawn, but force myself to stay up. I don't know why I am tired. I woke up only two hours ago.

    I will myself to stay up. I got this. "So, why exactly were you in Bucharest?" Vision questions.

    "Uhm, well, funny reason! I wanted to."

    "'You wanted to'?" Wanda is shocked to hear that the only reason I went to Bucharest is because I wanted to.

    "It was more than want. I don't know, I just needed to go." I make the need I had known.

    "Do you know why? Maybe we can help," Thor sounded confusedly.

    "I don't know why, sorry."

    "It doesn't matter, what matters is that you're back and safe." My father puts a hand on my head. I lean into the fatherly touch.

    "That's right. I'll run some tests when we get back to the compound," Bruce announces from his spot from the driver's seat.