18: Furious Father ✔︎

BUCHAREST

Bucky's POV:

Bucky's POV:

    "YOU TAKE your eyes off my kid for one second! How could you lose her? You could have waited and stalled for the rest of us to get there, Tony! Now my daughter is missing with people after her!" I shout, furious.

    "Who is after her?"

    "HYDRA, everyone the ShadowHunter ever hurt, or could be someone who want the ShadowHunter. That's a long list. She doesn't even know her name, much less if she's an assassin." Nat informs the group.

    My hands shake from anger, growling under my breath like an animal.

    She's my kid. My daughter. Tony lost her. I have a right to be furious. Something happened to make her like this, like a blank slate. Then it clicked.

    I storm straight up to this Parker kid.

    "What did you say? To her? What'd you say, huh?! Who do you work for?! Tell me!" I grab the collar of his shirt, slightly lifting him off the ground.

    Steve comes and pries me off him, Tony going to Peter to make sure he is okay.

    "I didn't say anything! I don't think I did. You were all there when it happened."

    "Let's just all calm down," Steve insists. I look at him in bewilderment.

    "Calm down?! You want me to calm down when Vera is out there?!" I breathe heavily as I run my hands through my long hair. "My Vera. My daughter. She's gone," I mumble as I start to hyperventilate.

    "She's not gone. She's just missing," Vision tries to help.

    "I think I'm having a panic attack," I clip out. I slip in to just that. A panic attack.

    My breathing picks up even more, thoughts of Vera out on her own with no recollection of herself.

    "Barnes, she's going to be fine." Sam tries to comfort, being my friend in a time like this.

    "Where is she?" I whisper as I rub my hand on my chest, trying to help myself breathe better.

    Dots cloud my vision before my vision turns black, the world fading around me.

Vera's POV:

    I arrive at Bucharest. It took multiple boat rides I had to sneak on. I don't trust planes, I don't remember ever riding one.

    A hotel was the first thing I started to look for. Any form of safety and shelter, I will seize the opportunity.

    I find one down the street, as soon as I get off the big boat. It was rundown and more of a motel. 'Good enough,' I think to myself. 'For now.'