32: Epilogue ✔︎

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

    BEHEADING A witch, I pummel through the group of Hellhounds

BEHEADING A witch, I pummel through the group of Hellhounds. At some point Sebastian came to join me. We're casually having a conversation while we kill vampires and witches.

"So, if you broke off piece of that stick-"

"The stick would not have use!" He finishes for me. I nod in understanding, moving a bit further from him.

"How long is this going to last?" I ask everyone over the comms.

"However long it's going to take. They seem to be multiplying in numbers. A lot of our team is down, or injured. If we aren't careful," Steve takes a long pause.

"We'll what, Cap?" Clint asks.

"We'll lose." My father finishes for Stevie. We all take a deep breath.

"We can't let that happen, everyone start working your butts off!" Tony yells, flying over us to see who is in need of assistance.

I see the Hulk smashing Hellhounds left and right. I make eye contact with him, and smile lightly at him. He surprisingly smiles back, but that smile is wiped off when he is beheaded.

"No!" I scream, running to Bruce Banner's body. He's dead. He's headless. This can't be happening. "Guys," I whimper over the comm.

Immediate worry and concern flow through our communication system.

"Bruce is down." I sternly say, standing to full height. I'm going to kill all these creatures.

I go through them fast, making their deaths merciless. They deserve this. I'm not really thinking about what I'm doing, I'm just slaughtering them all.

"Hey, hey Vera, stick with us." Natasha comes to me, trying to stop me.

"Aim for their leaders. We get them down, we have the whole organization down!" Tony instructs.

Tears leak down my face, and I cry for the first time in years.

Nat grabs me by my shoulders, looking me in the eyes. "It's okay, dry it up and focus on the fight."

I nod my head stiffly, and dry it up. I won't let these monsters see me weak. I'm not weak.

I search the perimeter, making sure that no one is planning anything that they aren't supposed to.

"Does anyone know who the Maleficis Clan Leader is?" I shouldn't of asked that, because in the next second I am blasted away by an unseen force.

Witches, I had to ask.

"I am Neith, clan leader of Maleficis. I am the original witch."

"So what I'm getting at is that you're pretty powerful?" I say more of a question.